[FIXED] too much damage

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
danleej
Peon
Peon

[FIXED] too much damage

Post by danleej »

Hello, after I went and had my stats reset, I noticed after that sometimes when I get hit, I lose far more hit points than what is indicated, for instance I was fighting a snake, was down around 560hp, then the snake hits me for 1, but I drop to 460hp, then goes ok, then I dropped to 360 with the following hit. Is this a problem with the damage indicator, or just how damage is being registered? This did not start happening till after I had the stats reset. Thanks!
danleej
Peon
Peon

Re: too much damage

Post by danleej »

I am trying to find the proper logs to aid in finding out why this happens, but I am unsure as to were these logs are, but which one to use, I am using the latest version of TMW client, and I am using Ubuntu 8.04. More to this as well, I notice it happens almost without fail when my HP fall to between 570-560hp, 560hp being the most common trigger, and again between 440-420hp it will drop another 100hp. although it is not as frequent as 560hp. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: too much damage

Post by Bjørn »

I'm pretty sure you are getting critical hits, which the 0.0.24.1 client wasn't displaying yet. The next release will fix this issue, or you can compile the 0.0 branch yourself. :-)
danleej
Peon
Peon

Re: [FIXED] too much damage

Post by danleej »

Ok thanks guys. I have a few questions in regards to critical damage and calculations, which I'll ask in player talk.