Monster points

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Monster points

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I propose an improvement to how the prizes for monster points are given. Only being able to get one prize at a time is time consuming and makes people loose interest in the system too quickly. Being able to get more than one at a time would speed things up and allow players to get back the the rest of the game faster. To do this, the script(s) for monster points should check and see how many prizes you can get at the current time (up to 10 to prevent inventory problems with eAthena) and allow you to select on of those prize counts. The actual distribution of the prizes would go as it currently does, except repeatedly. Adding prize venders to Hurnscald and the snow town would also make it more convenient to use the system. Each location should have a different mix of items (and at higher levels) to keep the system interesting. Lower level prizes would be given in Tulimshar as they are now, but with a slight favoring of desert items. Hurnscald would have medium level items, more tailored to the woodland. The snow town would have "high" level items, and items that fit in with the snow area. Higher point levels should also have an increased chance of rare items, which could help the economy by slightly deflating their value.
Forge
Peon
Peon

Re: Monster points

Post by Forge »

<Removed Content>
Last edited by Forge on 06 May 2009, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Removed Content on 6 May 2009.
Thanks.
DeathKnight
Peon
Peon

Post by DeathKnight »

i would actually love to see this ingame because it is really annoying to have to keep clicking and i only get bug legs
"NO! its step, hip, step, pivot. Are you TRYING to piss off the volcano?"
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

DeathKnight wrote:i would actually love to see this ingame because it is really annoying to have to keep clicking and i only get bug legs
You could still get all bug legs, but it'll be faster.
Forge
Peon
Peon

Post by Forge »

<Removed Content>
Removed Content on 6 May 2009.
Thanks.