A Heart Gold Ruby Necklace

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: A Heart Gold Ruby Necklace

Post by Platyna »

I would like to avoid items just made for me. However if one would make this neclace visible I could made it a very rare item. The invisible items, especialy clothing pieces are pointless in my opinion, also I love Dimond's drawing, so do me a favor and make visible jewelry. Thanks.

Regards.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Platyna wrote:I would like to avoid items just made for me. However if one would make this neclace visible I could made it a very rare item. The invisible items, especialy clothing pieces are pointless in my opinion, also I love Dimond's drawing, so do me a favor and make visible jewelry. Thanks.

Regards.
And yet you keep asking for stuff :P
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

With our chosen level of detail, there are some limits to what can be sensibly portrayed. People will still wear stuff for the other effects.

For pseudo content I don't care as much, go ahead. It should actually serve as a good experiment and example of why and how not to do it on the real server.
This message used to be meaningful.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Looking at it, though, the 0.0.24(.1) client won't be able to show it. We could add the ability to 0.0.25. It really should be available in 0.1. A lot more than this could use the neck space.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

There are no technical difficulties against making it visible - it can be chest element. Egyptians had big neclaces, Indians did and many other, so if someone is only comparing it rap persons then they are wrong.

If it will be invisible then I am against implementing it, since its invisibility will give unfair advantage later on. Also I heard Elven and Bjorn telling they don't want invisible items in game.

Regards.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:There are no technical difficulties against making it visible - it can be chest element. Egyptians had big neclaces, Indians did and many other, so if someone is only comparing it rap persons then they are wrong.

If it will be invisible then I am against implementing it, since its invisibility will give unfair advantage later on. Also I heard Elven and Bjorn telling they don't want invisible items in game.

Regards.
Ok, Just ignore the graphics developers :lol:
Pixel Battalion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:There are no technical difficulties against making it visible - it can be chest element. Egyptians had big neclaces, Indians did and many other, so if someone is only comparing it rap persons then they are wrong.

Regards.
The 0.0.24(.1) client only has the following slots (drawn in the following order):
  1. Base sprite
  2. Shoes
  3. Leg armor
  4. Torso armor
  5. Hair
  6. Hat
  7. Weapon
The only way for it to be properly visible under 0.0.24(.1), and not interfere with other stuff, is to have it part of torso armor. Or, since you never seem to attack, a weapon, though that'll need some work to not interfere with hair/hats.

To use the first option, you'll need to choose which torso armor you want beneath it.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I would make it as a torso armour, since it is so big.

Regards.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:I would make it as a torso armour, since it is so big.

Regards.
Then the question is: what do you want behind it? Gold platemail? Red tanktop? Leather shirt?
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

if you made it large enough it would stop looking like a necklace and just be a gold bikini top.

When does it stop being a necklace and just becomes Leia's costume from her Jaba the Hut days.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well I see no obstacles to create another necklace Black Don.

What I would like behind it? I think it could be something that fits the necklace - some sort of yellow shirt I think.

Regards,
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:Well I see no obstacles to create another necklace Black Don.

What I would like behind it? I think it could be something that fits the necklace - some sort of yellow shirt I think.

Regards,
or nothing :P (by the way, gold on yellow not a very good idea )
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Then choose by yourself. ;) It should come with some sort of tank top.

Regards.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3452 ... gertb4.jpg

You could have a bluish version of the green power rangers shoulder armor under it
Pixel Battalion
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Green to gold? Let's make it red.

Regards.