[FIXED] Tree bug :P

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Drizak
Peon
Peon

[FIXED] Tree bug :P

Post by Drizak »

Well, i dont know how to explain it better...
when i stand here all is going fine...
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3950/t ... ot1vf1.png

But when i move to the door look at the tree in the right-down corner O:
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/921/ ... ot2sy5.png

is extrange :P
Bye! :D
Image Drizak
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Tree bug :P

Post by Superkoop »

This happens because the left half of the tree is on the 'over' (layer2), AFAIK, this can't really be fixed.

But you could just use a larger resolution, like I do, the problem isn't there then.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

It's still a bug. The over layer should be drawn like any other layer, this shows it isn't. The new client/server should have this fixed (it allows a variable number of layers per map).

EDIT:
I double checked the code for 0.0.24(.1) and there is a slight difference in how the fringe layer is drawn. It draws the extra-height tiles, while the other two layers don't. The code for 0.0.25 draws all layers the same (like the 0.1 code).
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

I can't really put that side of the tree on the fringe layer without moving the tree down or right a tile.

Here is the reason why:

Although, if anyone would like the tree moved I will, it's not to exactly a high priority to me though.

Edit:
On second thoughts, I'll fix it now while I fix some continuity issues.
Last edited by Quiche_on_a_leash on 17 Jul 2008, 11:56, edited 2 times in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Oversized tiles do not belong on any other layer but the fringe layer.

When you need tiles from an _x2 tileset on a different layer then please import the tileset a second time with normal tilesize.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:Oversized tiles do not belong on any other layer but the fringe layer.

When you need tiles from an _x2 tileset on a different layer then please import the tileset a second time with normal tilesize.
Why not? The situation pictured above can only be done with the current client by using extra high tiles on the over layer.

With the new server allowing unlimited layers per map, extra high tiles won't be needed anyways.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Crush wrote:Oversized tiles do not belong on any other layer but the fringe layer.

Why not? The situation pictured above can only be done with the current client by using extra high tiles on the over layer.

With the new server allowing unlimited layers per map, extra high tiles won't be needed anyways.
I don't really see a point of disallowing oversized tiles on all layers, since this issue should indeed already be fixed for both 0.0 and trunk (so the fix will be in 0.0.25). The small glitches this causes on 0.0.24.1 clients are acceptable in my opinion, and I'm assuming we'll have 0.0.25 out soonish.

About no longer needed oversized tiles, note that they are rather convenient to use even when you have unlimited number of layers, so I'm pretty sure we'll keep using them. They're easier to map with and reduce restrictions on sprite height, for example.