question about fate's magic system

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blueberry
Novice
Novice

question about fate's magic system

Post by blueberry »

i just noticed, that the already assigned simple magic system by fate has been closed in mantis. This was the first time somebody in here presented a nice idea about adding magic to eAthena and i asked myself why it has been closed. Well i read fate's statement about "Lack of interest", but what was the keypoint not to add it?

From the players perspective this makes me sad, because eAthena could need such a system and it would "hold" players even after a wipe.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Re: question about fate's magic system

Post by fate »

Hi,

0.0.25 was released without #305, so #303 would have been unlikely to make it in before the move to tmwserv. To be honest, I could have pushed harder for its inclusion, but considering the amount of feedback I got from the tmw developers there was little reason to assume that the patches would have been included in the first place.

-- fate
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Re: question about fate's magic system

Post by Shaggy »

fate wrote:Hi,

0.0.25 was released without #305, so #303 would have been unlikely to make it in before the move to tmwserv. To be honest, I could have pushed harder for its inclusion, but considering the amount of feedback I got from the tmw developers there was little reason to assume that the patches would have been included in the first place.

-- fate
This doesn't surprise me, since dev seem to not be interested in 0.0 any more. It looks like patches targeted towards 0.0 are not considered important to take the effort.

Patches targetted for 0.1 have a much better chance of approval, but how long will it be before that is fully operational?
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).