char server error?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
252-rer
Peon
Peon

char server error?

Post by 252-rer »

I recently decided that since I had been having a break from TMW for a few weeks I would reinstall dev-cpp, the devpack, and the latest cvs.
When I compiled I remebered I needed to add the sdl into include folders because I had had that problem before(but its not listed in installw32 for uber newbs still:P)
anyway when I run it and try to login and select the server I get an error message behind the login box saying "error cannot connect to the char server at 127.0.0.1".
also the log says [03:30:22] Network: Server: Mana World (127.0.0.1:6122)
but I have the right host in the config.xml (animesites.de) so why does it want me to connect to a local server:P?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Sorry for the inconvenience but we're updating the server and so we're experiencing some troubles, I think today this one should be fixed.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I still having this problem. Any new?

:wink:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Did you get the latest version? We now have a new server, if you really don't want to get the new version (strongly reccomended) just open your config.xml and update animesites.de with http://www.lindeijer.nl
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Elven Programmer wrote:Did you get the latest version? We now have a new server, if you really don't want to get the new version (strongly reccomended) just open your config.xml and update animesites.de with http://www.lindeijer.nl
Actually the new version is not just recommended but required. The old version won't work anymore because it has only the old map.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I've today's CVS snapshot. Switching the server worked.
The new version looks good. Good job.

:wink: