Beach west of Tulimshar

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Beach west of Tulimshar

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I've been working on a new beach map that goes west of Tulimshar, north of the current beach. Its made to integrate with these versions of maps 1, 3, and 15. Map 3 needs some more updating for this.

Image (Larger)

TMX
Last edited by Jaxad0127 on 11 Aug 2008, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Re: Beach west of Tulimshar

Post by Ces »

Looks good! :D It’s great being able to take alternate routes and walk around things, me thinks. The shapes of the beaches look great; I really like walking around on the current beach, and this one seems to fit just right in. (The analyzing part of my mind wonders if it is due to the water and the somewhat restricted walking area, a restriction that is easily seen and understood.)

Suggestion. Could you please make the preview images a bit smaller in size? :wink:

Utopic, wishful thinking (one can always keep dreaming). The northern road is a tad stra-----ight, I think the map would come more alive with some bends and irregularities, especially since it is on the outside of the central parts of Tulimshar.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Ces wrote:Suggestion. Could you please make the preview images a bit smaller in size? :wink:
I'll try to have two sizes in the future. (the current preview is as large as the computer I'm on can handle)
Ces wrote:Utopic, wishful thinking (one can always keep dreaming). The northern road is a tad stra-----ight, I think the map would come more alive with some bends and irregularities, especially since it is on the outside of the central parts of Tulimshar.
I'll look into it.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

jaxad0127 wrote:I'll try to have two sizes in the future. (the current preview is as large as the computer I'm on can handle)
Though no extra work on my account. I can always find ways around looking at the image in the browser. ;)

I’m finally getting around to change my java configurations to use SUN’s implementation rather than OpenJDK. I have a hunch that that will make me able to work in tiled, and in such a case I can download the map files directly instead.
jaxad0127 wrote:I'll look into it.
Please do! :mrgreen:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Ces wrote:I’m finally getting around to change my java configurations to use SUN’s implementation rather than OpenJDK. I have a hunch that that will make me able to work in tiled, and in such a case I can download the map files directly instead.
The latest OpenJDK is Sun certified and should work fine with Tiled. Besides, even the GCJ should work (Tiled is written for Java 1.4).
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Updated. I removed the northern two cave entrances at Crush's request. The path is less straight as well.
Image (Larger)

TMX
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If there's no more comments, I'll start porting the changes back to map 3.
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

I think it looks better. :)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Small update. The last version had some layer bugs and a random collision tile.

TMX (this is a different file than before)