JAIL MAP

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: JAIL MAP

Post by Crush »

Which of the many proposed new death systems are you refering to?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:Which of the many proposed new death systems are you refering to?
I thought you had decided. The maze system.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am confused. How does that work together with the pillory system under discussion here?
Last edited by Crush on 16 Aug 2008, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:I am confused. How does that work together with the pillory system under discussion here?
I'm suggesting it as another possibility instead of pillory.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The new death system is supposed to punish people by slowing down the progress of people who died by keeping them busy with getting out of the afterlife, but it should still be entertaining for the player. But we are talking about punishment here. Anything which makes the punishment more entertaining for the delinquent should be avoided :twisted:
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:Note that we are talking about punishment here. Anything which makes the punishment more entertaining for the delinquent should be avoided :twisted:
I thought is was being used as a punishment for death :P. It wouldn't have any monsters or trading. Maybe not even chat. The more they're put there, the longer it'll take for them to get out.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The new death system is supposed to punish people by slowing down the progress of characters who died by keeping them busy with getting out of the afterlife, but it should still be entertaining for the player.

A punishment for misbehavior on the other hand is supposed to be a real pain for the player and an experience the player does not find just one bit enjoyable.

The difference here is that one is a slap on the wrist for playing bad while the other is a true punishment for personal misconduct.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We need to choose a system that can't be botted and doesn't punish players more if they can't be online too much.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A compromise between the online junkies and those who can't be online much could be to make punishment time also count while being offline (the character and its misdemeanor are shown during the offline time) but make punishment time spent online count double or even tripple.

The reasoning behind this is that I believe that the humiliation effect is much larger when you know that you are punished when you have to keep the game window open and maybe even get to read comments by other people who tell you how much they despise you for your misbehavior.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:A compromise between the online junkies and those who can't be online much could be to make punishment time also count while being offline (the character and its misdemeanor are shown during the offline time) but make punishment time spent online count double or even tripple.

The reasoning behind this is that I believe that the humiliation effect is much larger when you know that you are punished when you have to keep the game window open and maybe even get to read comments by other people who tell you how much they despise you for your misbehavior.
I wouldn't put the ration that favorable. Maybe 1.1 times.

Disabling chat, trade, ect, for those being punished would definitely help.

Having multiple humiliation systems would also be nice. Like randomly choosing between pillory, jail, etc, or basing it on the crime, repeats, etc.

Regional punishment areas (if the char is "caught" in area A, they're punished there too) would be good as well. We could even add regional systems (region A would have this subset of the systems, region B another subset, etc).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think how to punish whom for what should be left to the GMs discretion.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I still think that regional restrictions on the type of humiliation would add realism. Not every area will have a jail or room (or supplies) for pillory.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I think those can be used as a decoration only.

Regards.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Not being able to log is could be another option.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well, this is already done by banning, problem is how to teach people a lesson in some sort of RPG way instead evil ban stick.

Regards.