Linux compilation

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rygan
Peon
Peon

Linux compilation

Post by Rygan »

I'm getting a few errors when compiling ver 0.0.25 and a recent svn pull (25 Aug 2008). I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I need to do to get the client to compile.

The svn pull is failing on a lot of undefined references during the linking process, I'm guessing this is due to the new client not being complete. the 0.0.25 build also fails to build SDL_net and guichan library unless I put it in /usr instead of /usr/local, even though they are located by the infamous autoconfig script. 0.25 also never states in needs SDL_net, it just links to it. The latest subversion pull was kind enough to let me know.

Any thoughts on reducing the number of dependencies required for this project? I've seen some great projects die because the dependencies were poorly maintained, or eventually no longer could be downloaded from their original sources. GTK, SDL, and OpenGL are pretty solid packages. Besides, it's annoying as hell trying to get all of these packages together.

I would really like to see dependencies move away from needing Allegro, guichan, and others, to just three. Granted, it would mean rewriting a lot of the display code, but it would make the project more stable.

Well, I'm happy to say, while writing this I I now have a shiney new tmw 0.0.25 binary to replace Ubuntu's 0.0.24, and can start hacking away at the code.

I have one big complaint about the code. Why no auto attack after being hit? Why can't your character follow a targeted enemy around and whack it to death? I'll see if I can figure out how to get this to work in my client, then suggest it for incorporation into the main build.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Linux compilation

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We don't need Allegro.

The full list of deps is here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Dependencies
Rygan
Peon
Peon

Re: Linux compilation

Post by Rygan »

Yeah, got the subversion build to compile. Hurray! Now for hacking.. :twisted: