[RC] > [SVN] Armor-Head: Jester Mask (Skull Mask)

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[RC] > [SVN] Armor-Head: Jester Mask (Skull Mask)

Post by i »

This is first of RC (Release Candidate) topics. I hope this kind of procedure will help us to improve quality of game content. Rules are simple. When author thinks that content is good and polished enough to put it in game, should start that kind of topic. Everyone have right to put here constructive criticism. No one sentence spam like "Wow!", "cool", "g8r" is allowed. If you want to show your enthusiasm you have to type down what you like in RC project, what would you possibly change, etc. After 3 days we will put content in games SVN (subversion system). This is the time to discuss any improvements or even block content if it doesn't pass our quality control or games guidelines.

Project type: Head equipment
Project name: Jester Mask a.k.a. Skull Mask
Project author: Spit23
Project forums development topic: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4723
Project files:
sprite set:
XML file:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/download/file.php?id=742
icon:

Discussion start: 28 Aug 2008, 16:34 (UTC+1)
Discussion end: 31 Aug 2008, 16:34 (UTC+1)
Last edited by i on 31 Aug 2008, 13:30, edited 3 times in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [RC] Armor-Head: Skull Mask (Evil Jester Mask)

Post by EJlol »

I do not like icon that much. The icon is just taken from the spriteset, IMO the icon should be a different graphic. In the Guidelines proposal I made (Please note it is still a proposal) I propose to use the 3/4 view for head equipment. Other than the icon (which is just a small issue) I really like the headgear.

Somewhat offtopic:
I think 3 days is very short.
And "31 Aug 2008, 16:34", what timezone?
Last edited by EJlol on 28 Aug 2008, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think three days are long enough considering that most of the development of the graphic is done in its main thread and the RC threads are just to catch any last minute concerns.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

EJlol wrote:I do not like icon that much. The icon is just taken from the spriteset, IMO the icon should be a different graphic. In the Guidelines proposal (Please note it is still a proposal) I made I propose to use the 3/4 view for head equipment. Other than the icon (which is just a small issue) I really like the headgear.

Somewhat offtopic:
I think 3 days is very short.
And "31 Aug 2008, 16:34", what timezone?
I'd assume GMT, but this isn't the place to talk about it. The icon should be redone to match the others.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It does match the other icons. There are almost no headgear icons which are not taken from the spriteset. And I for myself don't consider anything wrong with that.
Last edited by Crush on 28 Aug 2008, 16:24, edited 2 times in total.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:It does match the other icons. There are almost no headgear icons which are not taken from the spriteset. And I for myself don't consider anything wrong with that.
Quite a lot of them aren't, but that should be discussed elsewhere.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

jaxad0127 wrote:Quite a lot of them aren't, but that should be discussed elsewhere.
Most of those which are not are still from the era where we had no equipment spritesets. Just using a frame from the spriteset was general practice for the last years. And this should be discussed here when it is used as an argument to block the release of this graphic.
  • NOT a game master

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Even when I said I like to see the icon changed, I do not think that should prevent this item to be added to the SVN. The guideline I mentioned is still a proposal. And as Crush pointed out, right now it does match the other icons. So in short I do think it should be added to the SVN.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

EJlol wrote:Even when I said I like to see the icon changed, I do not think that should prevent this item to be added to the SVN. The guideline I mentioned is still a proposal. And as Crush pointed out, right now it does match the other icons. So in short I do think it should be added to the SVN.
I must agree with you guys, Spit23 made a great job. I also like to see that item ASAP on SVN. I wish to change only the way like all items are present on ground. I'd like to see item groups, not specific item icons on floor. Item groups icons may be smaller - let's say 20x20px and in correct perspective. Player will be able to figure out what item was picked up after putting it in inventory. I really don't like huge as almost half of the character icons, no matter if item was small or big.

Returning to the main topic, in present state I will vote YES for adding this content.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I vote for it too.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

Thanks for praising my work. I'm honoured :D . I'm still not quite sure about the name of the item. I think it should be named "Skull Mask", "Harlequin Mask" or "Jester Mask". I think I prefer "Jester Mask".
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I like "Death Jester Mask".
Bankai777
Novice
Novice

Post by Bankai777 »

i want this to go ingame for sure its really cool and no offence to the orig mask creater but that kicks the other 1s but big time! :mrgreen:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I agree this item is worth our great svn repository. Although I prefer not to call it skull mask.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:I agree this item is worth our great svn repository. Although I prefer not to call it skull mask.
Spit23 wrote:I think I prefer "Jester Mask".
Spit23 as author has privilege to name it. IMO Jester Mask sounds good.