TMW Brazil

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Av3nger
Peon
Peon

TMW Brazil

Post by Av3nger »

Project Status:
--------------------------------------------------
-> Client: 40%
-> Server: 50%
-> Site: 80%
-> Version: 0.01(branche)
--------------------------------------------------

At the moment i downloaded the 0.0 branches (server/client), and i wanna a opinion with program should i used to open tmw files at the moment, because i used dev-cpp long ago, and wanna know if he's still useful.

Regards,

Avenger
Last edited by Av3nger on 21 Jul 2008, 07:31, edited 3 times in total.

Code: Select all

17/07/08
Back to work! - The Mana World Brasil soon.
-> Preview: http://www.tmwbrasil.co.nr

-> New domain: http://www.tmwbrasil.com (soon)
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Re: TMW Brazil

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

Most people use Code::Blocks now a days, if you want to stick with dev c++ then you'll need to update the compiler that comes with it.

Also you have competition: http://themanaworld.com.br/
Av3nger
Peon
Peon

Post by Av3nger »

Oh, thanks i'll try it.

And my "competition" as you can see, it's only a forum, and it doesn't have any publicity. My porposal its to do a "big" fansite, like tibiabr, doing offline events, interviews... I hope with dedication i get there :wink:

Thanks again Quiche, i'll download Code::Blocks and test it.

Regards

Code: Select all

17/07/08
Back to work! - The Mana World Brasil soon.
-> Preview: http://www.tmwbrasil.co.nr

-> New domain: http://www.tmwbrasil.com (soon)
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

why do brazilian people like so much to have servers for their own???
cant they just mix with other nationalities or do theylike felling special??
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

Habari wrote:why do brazilian people like so much to have servers for their own???
  • Brazil, the fifth largest county with around 185 million inhabitants [1] [2]
  • Nearly all of them speak (Brazilian) Portuguese [1]
  • Portuguese (in general) is counted as the 6-8 largest language in number of speakers [1] [2] [3] [4]
  • Brazil if the fifth largest country when it comes to the number of internet users, and then only with an estimated 23 % of Brazil's total population [1]
  • Brazil comes as number eleven with the total number of broadband users (7.5 millions) [1]
I was actually looking for a specific list on WP, but as I couldn't find it, I post the cite the others... Anyway, with these demographics I do not find it hard to see why Brazilians do find it plausible to get their own servers/communities. :wink:
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

None of that answers the question that habari asked. He asked for motive, not justification by numbers. And either way, it's still antisocial/condescending if you ask me. Nothing personal, I just hate patriotism regardless of what country it is for.

As for your stats numbers are easily misinterpret, so let me give you some perspective here.
# Brazil if the fifth largest country when it comes to the number of internet users, and then only with an estimated 23 % of Brazil's total population [1]
Bringing the number to 42,000,000 users out of a world total: 1,173,109,925. That comes down to only 3.5% to 3.6%. Not taking in consideration other factors, if you'd expect an equal fraction of users to take interest in the game, you should expect 3.6% of the numbers of players that we have on the official server to be on a Brazillian server. That means rather then 100 people online, there would be only 3 people online during busy hour.
# Brazil comes as number eleven with the total number of broadband users (7.5 millions)
Yes out of 349,980,000 broadband users that's even lower: only 2%.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

They probably want their own servers because they want to speak Portuguese. Most of them don't know English very well, and they must be tired of hearing "Speak English" all the time.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You can now speak portuguese on PM and soon on private channels. People, stop being so darn nationalists.

Regards.