Character Creation

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Genis
Novice
Novice

Character Creation

Post by Genis »

What should it be Like?
I mean, is there really anything that gets customized yet, and will there be different heads etc in the future, or should it just always set head to (for example) 1?
Any Ideas on how characters in this game will work?

For now, Im just setting it up to create a character with X character name. This will make things a lot easier because then you wont have to keep starting RO when you want to create a new character.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

maybe post the minimal version RRC and his team not released any base sprite
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

cool, ill have that up, o and so you know, I have edited my post on deletion. and the working source is on the ftp incase you didnt check because it didnt appear to have a new post
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

Good Work!
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

well i guess we can do the head/etc maybe the new guy can just use that template modify it to have different clothing etc, but i think it will cause to much a rucuss for the programmers having to program it all, when you get different items you're char changes etc...not sure up to you guys...it would be good for future versions though...
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

As we don't have proper graphic I think we should set head to 1 for every new character. But the idea is to have in the future the possibility to customize your character by choosing the race, color, ecc...
This shouldn't be so hard to code...I hope :oops:
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

sounds good, and I dont think it should be hard either
Sorry...I only speak English
SquallX7
Peon
Peon

Post by SquallX7 »

Let's just hope it doesnt end up like Graal... (which I hate)
I think it would be neat though to be able to choose you're hair, skin tone, and other features. It would immerse the player into the game. It would also be kewl to be able to see the armor and weapons the player equips
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

It would also be kewl to be able to see the armor and weapons the player equips
Well this is one of my secret dreams (just after Pamela Anderson :lol: ). I've always thinked at that and I don't think it's something impossible, but everything depens on graphic artists... We'll see that later
SquallX7
Peon
Peon

Post by SquallX7 »

ooo! a secret!!!
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

ok, not different heads, arg, just a different hair style, skin color, clothes will all make up the different characters, there will be one character but when you put on different hair etc it will make the character different...
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

So far I have created a basic character creation System. There are still a few bugs, and for some reasonit messes up and you have to restart TMW after you create a character. However, it is semi working now, and thus I will release it to CVS. I just must wait until I find someone who can write to the CVS server. Also, this is just a basic concept, Im not to good with designing stuff and thus the layout may suck, but that shouldnt be to hard to change. Also, Im commenting it all now, so when I finish that, that coding will be on CVS. Anyways, heres what it looks like now:

*NOTE*
The red box was added by me in paint, its not really there
jui-feng
Peon
Peon

Post by jui-feng »

nice =)

for later development: +/- should be changes, because the underline looks like another "-" ;). Maybe use buttons? :D
:> poor english i know ^^ hope you understood a half.. <:

Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

yea definately, just didnt have any good button graphics so I just threw those on for now
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Wonderful work Genis! I can't wait for you to put this on the CVS. (Talk with Sull and order him to immediately create an account for you!). For the problem that you have to restart after creating a character as the masking developer said, should be a problem of the lib so we're going to fix it.
Please take a look at the code because I made many changes to the login gui routines: I hope I have fixed the problem with the chars deletion. Go on this way Genis, go on... :arrow: