Get Rid of old topics

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

Get Rid of old topics

Post by Authoritive Anarchy »

the sad thing about this forum is that people(like me) are posting to really old topics. my suggestion is to get a filter to filter out all outdated topics, I mean this is gettting ridiculous.
Asgard Online... Comming soon. developement by Authoritive Anarchy Inc.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Get Rid of old topics

Post by Kyokai »

Authoritive Anarchy wrote:the sad thing about this forum is that people(like me) are posting to really old topics. my suggestion is to get a filter to filter out all outdated topics, I mean this is gettting ridiculous.
or you could just stop posting to them :idea:
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

dude, im not the only one, and when you see a topic 4rth from the top you dont think to look and see its 5 months old. or, at least filter out the topics that have been answered(not delete but rather lock if they have useful information).
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I think mostly this would be too much effort for too little gain. And you could end up locking a thread somebody may still want to reply to later. It's really not hard to just stick to the current topics.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yeah, the good old "read before posting" is still the best policy out there. :)
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah especially "take a look at the posts date before replying" hehe
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

well, every time I post to a old topic, I get flammed for posting to a dead topic that nowones been to in 6 months...
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Authoritive Anarchy wrote:well, every time I post to a old topic, I get flammed for posting to a dead topic that nowones been to in 6 months...
You get flamed every time you post (not just on old topics). It's because no one likes your posts. All you do is flame and insult other people, like in this thread where you insulted both skwerll (a newbie) and me (a project director) neither of which are really kind or intelligent things to do. You also called the project a direct rip of RO (which we have repeatedly explained that it is not, or at least won't be for much longer).

Why don't you try to be a bit more kind and constructive in your future posts, remember that you don't know everything (especially not more than the developers). Either that or make yourself useful, then we might decide that you're worth putting up with.

In fact, you may even feel the need to post in this Apology thread, which I just noticed.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

actually I was refering to hallentype, note that I was the only person who actually attempted to help him, you guys just made comments, irrelevent to his question... and I was pissed at his comment because right now this game is in fact very similar to ragnarok online. lets see... same GUI setup, same base/job level. the basic job level goes up to 9 and the rates are the same, in terms of base/job experience. and your login is also quite similar in terms of choosing your hair and hair colour.

the only thing which I would feel the need to apologize for would be for helping people with there questions. I have helped new guys on this forum, in what ways possible, as well as helping about 5 people in the game. ive also brought a few of my friends to this forum to make this a more active community. SO SORRY for all of that...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I didn't want to get into this discussion until now, but it seems that the situation is going out of control.

I thought you were able to have a civil discussion, but if is not that way, I please you to calm down and start it over again. Please calm down everyone and stop insulting each other!

There are other forums where you can do that! This forum is meant to support TMW with constructive ideas and I found it to be also a good place where to meet new friends.

I'm not saying that we should help every noob just because he don't want to read a 10 lines document. But please be kind, and help each other in every possible way.

Now my explanation, if you want to flame me, do it, I don't care.
We keep old posts because you will never know when they come in handy. They could be useful at any time and could avoid double posting.
Just think at the "How you look like?" "How did you get here?" and thread like those ones, why we should close them?

Our game it's pretty similar to Ragnarok simply becaused we're using an emulator of their server. That's why we started the development of our own server, to get away from RO and create a completely new and innovative game.

We're grateful to everyone who's contributing in any way, especially to those who bring more people in here to help this project growing.

Said that I hope everyone understood my point of view.