Pickpocket expressing his love for the HMC

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
tarax
Peon
Peon

Re: Pickpocket expressing his love for the HMC

Post by tarax »

Pickpocket, you keep saying how we need to quit whining because there are bad people like you in the real world and we need to deal with it. You remind me of the man in Virginia a few years back. He was seen repeatedly coming out of people's houses and when they looked around there were items missing, (jewelry and money). He was seen multiple times in possession of the items and people even caught him on tape multiple times and submitted the tapes to the authorities. After about 6 months, he was seen coming out of a house with his pockets full of items, being chased by the old man living there, with blood streaming down his face where he had been hit during the robbery. About 10 neighbors tackled him as he was fleeing into his house. As they subdued him, they saw all of their stolen items laying around. His defense was that he was a cleptomaniac, that the man had fell when he was robbing him and that he was mentally messed up because he was abused as a child. He then proceeded to try and sue the pursuers because they battered him in trying to subdue him, and they trespassed on his property and STOLE their own items back from him. The only good thing is that before he could go to trial, that he realized what a scum he was and committed suicide. Please due us a favor and do the same with all of your dispicable character and leave our game once you come to the true realization of what a lowlife scum you really are and quite saying just because the written law doesn't say it is bad, there is no reason you should not do something.

A quick add-on, in most civilized worlds, when enough people see you lying and cheating and stealing, the system will eventually take you out of the populous, I hope that the GMs realize this and do the same to all of your character. We don't all have to have screen captures and clips to prove you wrong. Usually when people have their systems set up to capture, it is because they know that they are provoking people and trying to cover their own tracks by waylaying the blame or vision onto others. Get a life and leave Pickpocket.
pickpocket
Peon
Peon

Post by pickpocket »

Those were some gigantic paragraphs, but no, again: This is a game. I don't go breaking into people's houses in real life. I shoot people in Quake, too, but that doesn't mean I run around with a shotgun in real life, nor have any real desire to do so.

The whine I am speaking of pertains to how long people are going to complain after the patch. Last I checked, drop stealing was neutralized, but there remains a small group of people trying to trap me into escalating arguments in some attempt to get me to say something ban-worthy. I recognize this and bound a key to launch gtk-RecordMyDesktop after getting instant messages from a friend on IRC warning me that certain people were fabricating situations in order to get Platyna to come on and only see me responding by merely copying what they were doing to me.

For instance, I recall being online yesterday and having a pleasant conversation with three other people about random things, then you kept calling me an idiot, a thief, a loser, etc from the moment you log in, and completely unprovoked I might add. Any time I would respond, you would just call me the same names and invoke your being some IT manager as "proof" that you are right, this being, about things unrelated to your field.

Then, you sit there, in front of newbies, repeatedly carrying on about how the server is going to be reset, and how nobody should invest any time trying to progress because dev is going to now have monthly server wipes people "might as well give up", then have the nerve to say I am running people off.

Do you think someone logging into the game on their first day, week, month, etc is going to enjoy playing when they suddenly hear how dev is going to be wiping the server every month? You paint a very negative light of the testing process here and your words, although understanding some of your frustrations, are some of the most detrimental ones I've seen when it comes to spreading non-facts about people and the way the server is run.
Solo
Peon
Peon

Post by Solo »

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!
THE POWER OF CREATION LIES WITHIN
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Solo wrote:WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!
Err.... this is the internet.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

just go listen to Bob Marley-Don't Worry, Be Happy
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Shaggy
Novice
Novice

Post by Shaggy »

Why can't we all get on, and stop this bitterness.

Pickpocket: if you are being antagonistic in any way, please stop it.

Dave: Please stop calling Pickpocket a troll - I feel having to go around bearing the name Pickpocket is bad enough.

Sugar: There are some times when restraint is the order of the day - I believe this is one of them. btw, I agree with your newbie-helper-gang

Everyone: Please shake (cyber) hands, and forget this whole sorry affair.
Enjoyed The Mana World? Then check out Aethyra (http://www.aethyra.com).
pickpocket
Peon
Peon

Post by pickpocket »

Shaggy wrote:Why can't we all get on, and stop this bitterness.
Pickpocket: if you are being antagonistic in any way, please stop it.
So there was no "being antagonistic" when Dave was tailing my character for days trying to provoke me into saying something worthy of a thread?

It's funny how things were a call to arms when it was supposedly me causing all the trouble, but since old-timers were shown conducting themselves in an ill manner in an attempt to provoke things, it's time to sweep it under the rug, shake hands, and move on as quickly and quietly as possible.

I'll play along. :mrgreen:
evadem
Novice
Novice

Post by evadem »

:lol: Troll on Pick! :lol:
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

To Troll is not a noun its a verb.
sugar
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

This whole thing is silly.
sugarcorgit wrote:To Troll is not a noun its a verb.
sugar
Um...you just used it as a noun :P.
DeathKnight
Peon
Peon

Post by DeathKnight »

you guys really need to get off pickpocket's case, your all acting like children this discussion is pointless pickpocket wind this one guys cuz he will keep playing and being there, get the hell over it. im 13 years old and i recognize you all (supposed adults i might add) bickering over something that happened in a game
"NO! its step, hip, step, pivot. Are you TRYING to piss off the volcano?"
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

i think that is true and the troll thing is just plain annoying and childish we all have our faults though so before any one of you accuse someone take a look how you've been a bad person also
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
evadem
Novice
Novice

Post by evadem »

This is a pointless. Anything I say is bound to get twisted and flamed by you lads. Feel free to continue as I really don't give a damn anymore. Besides how dare I dispute what a 9 year old wheelchair bound forklift driver says. And look at that poor innocent looking picture of him in his posts. A face only a mother could love for sure.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

and i bet that 9 year old is more mature+smarter than you LOL