Wikipedia article about TMW.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Re: Wikipedia article about TMW.

Post by Cosmostrator »

ville-v wrote: It being pre-alpha means the following (based on Wikipedia description): Lots of features are missing, there are billions of bugs because of it cannot become alpha yet, no-one can not play it yet, all "players" are barely testers and the developement might be cancelled at any moment. You (plural "you") are sort of digging your own grave here, in my opinion TMW could be in beta stage already.
Have you played on the official server yet? Apart from "might be cancelled at any moment" that is almost a perfect description of it. Fortunately we have the aethna server to test our client on. Not saying anything about how relevant TMW is, just agreeing that it is indeed pre-alpha.
-Cosmostrator
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

What license do TMW images use? A lot of games borrow unfree graphics and I wanted to check the licenses before I added them to an acceptable source for images on wikipedia (I think wiki commons). Without reply, I can assume the graphics share the same licenses as the game, but I wanted to be certain.

tmw ranks at #31 and saw a big increase in participation at the end of 2007 and has stayed high throughout 2008. This is a solid source on notability. Are there other popularity contests I should be aware of that could help software notability for tmw?
Current character is "Abolish".
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

graphics are also released under GPL.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

We are also rank 6 in the category "Role Playing" of the sourceforge project ranking. We used to be rank 2 a while ago.

But the significance of this ranking is quite low, in my opinion, because it is calculated automatically from statistical data like SVN activity, downloads, hits of the sourceforge page etc.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

I have been making some research and it seems wikipedia founders dont think wikipedia is the right place for our article , the problem isnt being a small project or having few players , what you write in wikipedia needs sources to confirm it ( as when you write an eassay about a famous person for schoolyou post a list of books at the end which certifies that info is correct)
in Wikibooks , which is for original scientific investigation without sources you should be able to write guides and walkthrous about TMW and maybe even a book about TMW itself , this would actually help the wikipedia article ,
also have a look at wikisources , fiction wikia,
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I read that Debian Popularity Contest wrong. TMW is pretty low in the rankings. I think that preparing a wikipedia entry for after the alpha release makes its rounds on the internet would increase likelihood of it being accepted. The last release dramatically increased its ratings, so I imagine the alpha release to probably shoot up even more. I am still compiling info and will prepare an entry irregardless of tmw's present notability.

I'll look at some of the resent links and stuff that have been posted and see if they might help.

When everything is said and done, wikipedia isn't a qualifier on the success of the project. Its just another place that people can learn about the game and what it is about.
Current character is "Abolish".
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Until we are interesting enough for some kind of a third party to cover us in some kind of a depth, we're not going to have the article.

Considering it is an encyclopaedia, not a catalog of everything, this is more than reasonable.
This message used to be meaningful.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

No encyclopedia would allow articles such as "9/11 plot theories". Pre-alpha stuff is a bullshit and we don't have a few players online.

Regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Still, the rules are set and no matter how upset some of us are about them, we cannot circumvent them. Also creating a movement to change them is in my opinion not a foreseeable scenario.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I know it's a little bit late but here is the article backed up by Deletionpedia, a service which archives all articles deleted from Wikipedia:

http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/inde ... t_22:14%29

Seems to be an earlier version, though.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.