change's in Gui

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

crazy
Peon
Peon

change's in Gui

Post by crazy »

i start to read-change few thing's in gui of the game to display some information i like to see while i play just to practice programming and to start with easy task's finding how the source work and involve more if i am able to.

only change i made so far is to display how many monster's left to level up and a friend from clan liked the idea and suggested i should post it here.

Of course i put it on status windows just to be a simple change in the code.

if anyone have any other simple idea's like that plz post it
perhaps i could not make the changes (i am very very unexperienced programmer) or not have time etc so plz if anyone ask for a change do not ask for what happen with it's request
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: change's in Gui

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Unfortunately, maintaining that will be a nightmare, as the client doesn't know the monster stats (monsters.xml isn't used by the current server). Does it always show those monsters? If so, a lower level char would always see ones there, which isn't very helpful. Also, there's the Pumpkin Ghost.

It's a nice idea and might be better on the new server.
crazy
Peon
Peon

Post by crazy »

I put only these monster because they are 99,999% of the one i kill to level up but it is very easy to put all monster's.

to calculate it i just got (total experience to level - current experience)/500 (for mountain snake's).

i know that to be as a whole idea is to put all monster's and get the monster exp point from server think i do not know how to do yet.

right now i try to put in inventory a label to tell me how many item i have because one time i got inventory full and i was not able to pick more item's ( i run in a compiler error i can not find why ).

after if i have any good idea or suggestion i will try to make it and then i setup a server my own so i can play with it's code to access the stuff there is in server ( like monster exp so the change i make will be automatically display the correct values even if monster experience point will be changed in future ) so i do not get banned if i make anything illegal (you will see that i try to access server file's etc)
Sanga
Novice
Novice

Post by Sanga »

crazy wrote:I put only these monster because they are 99,999% of the one i kill to level up but it is very easy to put all monster's.

to calculate it i just got (total experience to level - current experience)/500 (for mountain snake's).

i know that to be as a whole idea is to put all monster's and get the monster exp point from server think i do not know how to do yet.

right now i try to put in inventory a label to tell me how many item i have because one time i got inventory full and i was not able to pick more item's ( i run in a compiler error i can not find why ).

after if i have any good idea or suggestion i will try to make it and then i setup a server my own so i can play with it's code to access the stuff there is in server ( like monster exp so the change i make will be automatically display the correct values even if monster experience point will be changed in future ) so i do not get banned if i make anything illegal (you will see that i try to access server file's etc)
One relatively simple suggestion for you - have the "number of kills to next level" based on the average of the last 10 kills. This information is already available to the client (the experience earned is displayed after each kill), so no server modifications will be required to obtain the information. It may not be entirely accurate, as if you're training with other people the amount of experience varies. But if you're training alone, against the same monsters over and over again, this should give you a reasonably accurate estimate of how many more kills you need to reach the next level.

At present, there's no mechanism for getting the experience information from the server for a list of monsters. The best I can come without actually modifying the server is to retrieve the monster configuration file (mob_db.txt) from the SVN repository, and parse the experience information out of it.
crazy
Peon
Peon

Post by crazy »

Sanga wrote: have the "number of kills to next level" based on the average of the last 10 kills.
i have thought it but prefer to know exactly number of monster to kill alone. Based on what you proposed it is possible to calculate time to level or something like that.

Sanga wrote: At present, there's no mechanism for getting the experience information from the server for a list of monsters. The best I can come without actually modifying the server is to retrieve the monster configuration file (mob_db.txt) from the SVN repository, and parse the experience information out of it.

to be honest i have never look at server code but there is always possible to have a file locally stored with this values and be updated. i stop here about this matter so i do not say anything stupid :) ( i do not know the code to know what can be done without much trouble and that because i thing that are thing that must be fixed in the game that is much more important )