Mana World through VPN connection

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
BattY
Peon
Peon

Mana World through VPN connection

Post by BattY »

Hello,

Can you fix the game so it can be used through a VPN connection? I tried with servial computers and connections and it seems like it doesn't support it.

Am i doing something wrong or is it the game?

:)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Mana World through VPN connection

Post by Crush »

In theory a good VPN software should be able to route any kind of traffic through a VPN tunnel without requiring any kind of support by the software.

Can you please describe your problems with using TMW through a VPN tunnel a bit more detailed?

Could you also describe the VPN software are you using and how it is configured?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
BattY
Peon
Peon

Re: Mana World through VPN connection

Post by BattY »

Yes, sorry.

I'm using a regular VPN connection and i think the servers are running Microsoft. It's a PPTP VPN connection and that's the way of getting Internet on my school. The game can't connect to the server, and that's the only game which can't. I doubt it's port blocked as nobody else besides me plays the game. :)
I'll post more details tomorrow when i go to school again.

Thanks in advance