Missing SQL tables - how to create them

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
igneus
Novice
Novice

Missing SQL tables - how to create them

Post by igneus »

I downloaded Elven Programmer's nightly builds of tmwserv and 0.1 client for Windows and started both account server and game server. The client can connect to them, but it is impossible to register - client always says that the chosen nick is already used, but according to account server log it is due to another problem - table tmw_accounts doesn't exist. Could anyone tell me how to create this table (and possibly other ones which I need to have my own experimental TMW server)?
main TMW character: nguma
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Missing SQL tables - how to create them

Post by Crush »

You will find a precreated database file in src/sql/sqlite/tmw.db. Just copy it into the same folder where you have the accountserver executable.

Yes, we are aware that this is not the best solution and we are currently working on a more comfortable one.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

Thank you. The Elven's nighly build doesn't contain src/ directory, but I copied the database from the SVN repository and it works.
main TMW character: nguma
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Best not to use the included DB, as its out of date. If you have sqlite installed, you can use the script in the same folder as that db to create a new one.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Are you sure that it is out of date? The last revision which updated the script also updated the tmw.db.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Didn't notice that part. When I set up a 0.1 server two weeks ago, I was told to ignore the pre-built one.
Exceptionfault
Peon
Peon

Post by Exceptionfault »

The pre-built one is up to date and is nothing more or less than the executed createTables.sql script. It is just another option for e.g. windows users that don't have an sqlite3 executable available.

btw. have a look at the wiki page for setting up a new server:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... p_a_server
or especially for database configuration:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... stallation
Never say: "Always"! Always say: "Never say never"! - Tom Kyte @ Ask Tom Live in Berlin 2008