HMC Badge

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

HMC Badge

Post by Dimond »

This is just a draft.
If you think I need to do want to suggest something go right ahead!
But, remember it's just a draft.
HMC-Badge-Draft.png
HMC-Badge-Draft.png (584 Bytes) Viewed 1905 times
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Re: HMC Badge

Post by Dimond »

Sorry about the second sentence it didn't make sense.
What I meant to say was if you have any suggestion then please post.
Landon
Novice
Novice

Post by Landon »

what is the function of the badge?
Landon
"Life is like one big screwed up Merry-Go-Round, I get thrown off but I get right back on"
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Well maybe it has a lot of def?
Or very little?
And maybe it could appear on the players clothes?
I have a hard time attaching my badge onto a female sprite or something.
I could try to though...
Idk I just wanted it to maybe appear on the clothing of players.
And a couple months ago we were talking about having a badge in for the HMCs and
even though that everyone probably forgot about that I remembered, I said "Why not?"
and that's how I made the badge.
:?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I seriously doubt we are going to have an item dedicated to any particular guild, however we might one day add an emblem or flag feature into the game. This can be done one of two ways, one we can have players upload an image into the game (this can slow down the game and many players might upload something 18+ or offensive) or we could have a bunch of predetermined symbols and patterns of which you can arrange and choose the color of (but this limits creativity).

See RO and Guildwars for examples of both
Pixel Battalion
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

Well if you say so.
I might work on a TMW flag or something.
Maybe a T-Shirt that says I Love TMW or something.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Len wrote:I seriously doubt we are going to have an item dedicated to any particular guild, however we might one day add an emblem or flag feature into the game. This can be done one of two ways, one we can have players upload an image into the game (this can slow down the game and many players might upload something 18+ or offensive) or we could have a bunch of predetermined symbols and patterns of which you can arrange and choose the color of (but this limits creativity).

See RO and Guildwars for examples of both
The big difference between RO/Guildwards and TMW is that TMW is a open and community developed game. There should be nothing stopping any guild from developing their own content and I don't see why we would not accept any guild-specific content. There is no "we" that is going to have an item dedicated to a guild, but some members of the guild would just take part in TMW development. The HMC has set quite a good example as a guild in that respect.

One problem currently would be distribution. Of course if a guild developes a badge it should be possible for the guild leadership to manage distribution of such badges. I don't think eAthena can help us here, but we would be able to do that kind of stuff on tmwserv eventually.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I have nothing against guild made items. They should be novelty items. They should not disturb the gameplay balance in any way.
This message used to be meaningful.