Gameplay

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
eibwen
Peon
Peon

Gameplay

Post by eibwen »

I started playing tmw today, and while it looks promising, I do have a few questions about the gameplay:

Job

I have a rating of 6, but to my knowledge I haven't done anything beyond kill off a few monsters using a knife.

SP (Spell Points?)

Is this implemented? Should I be looking for some spellbooks or something?

Skills: Basic

What exactly is "Basic"? Are there other skills that are gained innately or should I be looking for someone to train me?

Monster Points

What monsters qualify? I've killed off a variety of slime blobs, scorpions, and "worms" only to check back and find my total had not increased.

Inventory

Is there a guide or something? If I go to the shop I can find out the names, but it doesn't state the item's effect.

Additionally, how can I tell if an item is equipped?

Gameplay

At this stage in development, is there anything to do beyond killing monsters? I'm not necessarily asking for spoilers (if there are any), rather an indication as to the current status of development.

Thanks!
sky
Peon
Peon

Post by sky »

no offence to the makers of this game but this is an Ragnarok wannabe sort of, but still its cool. Tho it needs some more stuff but its still in beta i think.
InGame Name : frag
Authoritive Anarchy
Peon
Peon

Post by Authoritive Anarchy »

dude, its only a ragnarok 'wannabe' as you so bluntly put it, is because its temporarily being run off a ragnarok server, thus it has limitations.
Asgard Online... Comming soon. developement by Authoritive Anarchy Inc.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Thanks for playing TMW, but at the moment I have to disappoint you and say there really isn't much to do besides kill monsters and maybe the few obvious quests given by the NPCs in town. Anyeay, we're working to get away from our Ragnarok roots and move on to create a new and innovative style of gameplay. I hope you'll stick with us and maybe even contribute a tiny bet to help us get closer to that goal.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

sky wrote:no offence to the makers of this game but this is an Ragnarok wannabe sort of, but still its cool. Tho it needs some more stuff but its still in beta i think.
Yeah we have a RO basis but we will move away from it soon I hope. Anyway we're still in pre-alpha stage, there's a lot that needs to be done to be considered a beta project :wink:
sky
Peon
Peon

Post by sky »

i love RO , and this game has potential, alot. But I find it hard to attack monsters. The only thing i found bad was the attacking thing.But the whole game looks good . :P oh yeah and also the nakedness of all was disturbing
sky
Peon
Peon

Post by sky »

hey I also have good ideas for maps and stuff, but technically i dont make maps.
eibwen
Peon
Peon

Post by eibwen »

Kyokai wrote:Thanks for playing TMW, but at the moment I have to disappoint you and say there really isn't much to do besides kill monsters and maybe the few obvious quests given by the NPCs in town.
Even so, the game does appear promising. I've found one of the quests, so I guess I still have a few to watch out for. Although actually talking to NPCs is a hassle -- each seems to want me to stand in a different adjacent square and right click in a certain area...
Kyokai wrote:Anyeay, we're working to get away from our Ragnarok roots and move on to create a new and innovative style of gameplay. I hope you'll stick with us and maybe even contribute a tiny bet to help us get closer to that goal.
Having never played Ragnarok Online, I'm not limited by preconceptions. I could probably help out, but when I visited the "Help Wanted" forum I didn't see a sticky-ed thread with the programming details (which language(s), backend, etc) and a categorical listing of what's needed.

I have my own projects to attend to, but wouldn't mind helping out every now and again if the TODO list was accessible (as above).