[WIP] Dragon Raid Boss

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Bankai777
Novice
Novice

Re: [WIP] Dragon Raid Boss

Post by Bankai777 »

how about 30m 24h doesnt sound very uh.......... convinient
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Solo wrote:Wow dude, awesome work. Took me all day to work on mine and it looks so crappy compared to yours, i'm acutally embarrased, lol.

My question to that would be about respawning... Don't all monsters respawn somewhere else in the same map? So after "slaying" this one, another one would appear right afterwards. Or can there be a delay of, say, 24hrs to the next respawn, so everyone can get a crack at it, after lvlng up for the challenge? But i guess that's to be worked on after the project if finished, of course. Maybe some day i can be that good at pixelation. :D
Why dont we do like WOW and reserve a map for the party so that there can be more then one party at a dungeon at the same time and that will also force the player to join a party, after killing the last boss in the dungeon all the members of that party have to wait an XX hrs to enter the dungeon again.

We will have to make a system that support that way of doing it, but ill say its worth it just look at WOW one of the best thing in the game.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Instancing is against the MMO spirit, in my opinion. The idea of playing massive multiplayer online games is that you share a game world with the maximum number of people. When you want to hunt monsters alone in your own private dungeon with only a few selected friends you could just play a normal multiplayer game.

By the way: World of Warcraft didn't invent instancing. I've already seen it in Anarchy Online (even with randomly generated maps) in 2001.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
zipon
Novice
Novice

Post by zipon »

Crush wrote:Instancing is against the MMO spirit, in my opinion. The idea of playing massive multiplayer online games is that you share a game world with the maximum number of people. When you want to hunt monsters alone in your own private dungeon with only a few selected friends you could just play a normal multiplayer game.

By the way: World of Warcraft didn't invent instancing. I've already seen it in Anarchy Online (even with randomly generated maps) in 2001.

Hmm ill see your point and i have to agree whet you on that one, but still i think we have to find a way so the boss isnt going to be huntet by a party of high level so there are no room for the other players.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

This thread is about pixellating the dragon.

Please discuss the gameplay related topics in the appropriate section. A lot of GFX threads derail because of those.

Just request a topic split from a moderator when you feel the need.
This message used to be meaningful.
karnonas
Peon
Peon

Post by karnonas »

Ye so there is an updated version of the dragon at the beginning of this post. Let me know what you think. Still needs some work.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/2007/ ... 11.jpg.jpg

Great! :wink: now, Can you make something that isn't copyrighted? (and especially not by Microsoft and Associates!)
Pixel Battalion
karnonas
Peon
Peon

Post by karnonas »

I based the head of the art off that guy, , ...so change the head then.... does it took too closely related? I tried to make it as difffernent as possible by only usuing a few characteristics. I can clompletely changed the head. I just tlike the style. Ill get started on a new head.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

karnonas wrote:I based the head of the art off that guy, , ...so change the head then.... does it took too closely related? I tried to make it as difffernent as possible by only usuing a few characteristics. I can clompletely changed the head. I just tlike the style. Ill get started on a new head.
Image :roll:

Its almost the same picture my friend.....
>The place where the neck is different is where you moved the head up
>You also just moved the hand down
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Now I know what's so hard about animating it.
karnonas
Peon
Peon

Post by karnonas »

kk, ill start from scratch, not a problem.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Try and animate your monsters before you pixel them in

(here is a bad example)
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Yes, the technique of drawing through / on the concept is quite solid. It just requires the full conceptual work to be done.