Image dying previewer ...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

zick
Novice
Novice

Image dying previewer ...

Post by zick »

Is there a program to preview how are images will look when dynamically dyed? I'm sure I can preview in Photoshop, but I'm not sure what colorspace we're using and I thought I read somewhere that someone made a little app for this. Am I misunderstood? Any clarificaions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Image dying previewer ...

Post by Jaxad0127 »

This program I wrote (and am still working on) can: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=4366. The recolor extension will be needed.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Java, yucky! :roll:
I guess beggars can't be choosers. Jaxad, I'm not sure java's the only thing you can use for this but I really don't want to install JRE VM for one simple operation ... Can I use photoshop's HSL adjuster for the same purpose?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

zick wrote:Java, yucky! :roll:
I guess beggars can't be choosers. Jaxad, I'm not sure java's the only thing you can use for this but I really don't want to install JRE VM for one simple operation ... Can I use photoshop's HSL adjuster for the same purpose?
I don't know, but I'm doubting it. You can use the client too, and a command-line utility for this based on the client has been requested.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Off-topic, but what if there was an "offline" mode to the client ... The offline mode would take several arguments (possibly from an INI or XML file) including a MAP file, a test player's race, gender, clothing, clothing colors, etc. It will allow a dev to start the client without connecting to a server and test a map for errors with a custom player sprite. Also, maybe this client should have a HUD that lists the X/Y coords for the tile the player is on so if an error is found its easy to locate and fix ... Maybe also a console for taking commands like changing players race, clothes, colors, etc. as well as turning on/off layers ...
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

I think it would be great with such an option.

Some of it is included in Mantis ticket #36.
Exceptionfault
Peon
Peon

Post by Exceptionfault »

A tool for image dyeing is requested in this Mantis issue http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=423 . I've tried my best and implemented a windows version which you can give a try, but remember, its a command line tool and very silent until now.

http://tmw.mericet.de/dyecmd.rar

If starting fails, you will have to set your PATH environment variable to your SDL dlls, e.g. shipped with the tmw client.
Never say: "Always"! Always say: "Never say never"! - Tom Kyte @ Ask Tom Live in Berlin 2008