Map Editor

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

RRC
Novice
Novice

Map Editor

Post by RRC »

Well I Got To Test The Map Editor Out Today (after getting the dll's) And have come up witha few suggestions...

Make a side area with all the graphics tiles for the map so that you can just select them out of there, and using the mouse will put the tile down, check box's for the nonwalkable tiles etc...i have an example of a map editor written in visual basic that might help...

link: http://home.kc.rr.com/megalodonsoft/Files/MapSource.zip if thats the latest version it will have the features i have mentioned :)

The reason i am saying this is because i wouldn't mind becoming a map editor as well :)
-=-=- The Mana World Graphics Designer -=-=-
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

My map editor v0.2 will be online probably tomorrow.
We don't need others map editors because map format is pretty easy and customized for this project. Maybe I can put the tile choose interface on one side as you told but I thought in the current way you can see more tiles on the same screen. Walkable/non walkable tiles can easily be set by pressing z,x key, this results in red shaded areas
G_Pinkie
Peon
Peon

Post by G_Pinkie »

The map editor is usable, but cumbersome to use. If it was simplier to use, maybe a manageable gui will help make things easier to make maps for The Mana World.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Map editor is intended to be used by dev team so it doesn't need to be fashioned i think, and im really busy with coding the client so we have 2 solutions:
1- Wait until i have some more time
2- Someone adds functions to map editor

I'm sorry but this is life :lol:
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

well, i wanna be a mapper, and wouldn't mind these features (and i guess i'm a part of the dev team now :)). so..
  • Ill Try To Think Up Some Ideas

Possibly(reasearch some stuff and try to mod the map editor)
so far i like it just need to get rid of the evil grids, sry they just make it look really cheasy
G_Pinkie
Peon
Peon

Post by G_Pinkie »

Elven Programmer wrote:Map editor is intended to be used by dev team so it doesn't need to be fashioned i think, and im really busy with coding the client so we have 2 solutions:
1- Wait until i have some more time
2- Someone adds functions to map editor

I'm sorry but this is life :lol:
What happen to fan support :D
Jus sayin my suggestion
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

You're right I'd like to help my fans as I can, but it seems I'm alone on that, I have to work on the client and on the map editor at the same time, so believe me if I say it's no an easy task... :shock:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Ok I think I'm too much generous! Here it is http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/. It's a powerful tool and its output is customizable so I can read the maps in my(ops *our* :oops: ) client.
If someone of you would like to create the exporter plugin I'll be very grateful, else I think I have to do it by myself, but this will require some time...
natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

elven, youre really a generous boy (oops.. i mean man^^)
^^いつも笑顔でもっとよろこび。。^^
-- shimokawa natsuki --
RRC
Novice
Novice

Post by RRC »

lol, comedy nat ;)
Armageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Armageddon »

Hi, if it is in the wrong thread, sorry. However in the mapeditor that you can download on the page doesn't exist the file "alleg40.dll" you need to start the editor...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Try to place this one in your editor folder http://themanaworld.homeip.net/alleg41.zip

Anyway we're switching to this editor http://tiled.rpgdx.net if you're interested
Armageddon
Peon
Peon

Post by Armageddon »

yeah thanks a lot
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

No problem :D