Do you guys think that I can help out with the Mac version?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Blorx2
Novice
Novice

Do you guys think that I can help out with the Mac version?

Post by Blorx2 »

If he does, I can help him. :D I know most of C++, can work out bugs in it, understand almost every command (excapt maybe SOME networking commands) and really need something to do to improve my experience. So, (this is mainly aimed at Catfish and the other devs) can I help?

EDIT: I changed the question so the first sentence might not make sense.
Last edited by Blorx2 on 13 Apr 2005, 11:41, edited 2 times in total.
"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he needs to" - Gandalf
Catfish_Man
Novice
Novice

Post by Catfish_Man »

Please do! :) Have you used make and autoconf? Do you know much about linking? Those are the main areas I'm having trouble with at this point. Once it's linked in a way that'll run on machines other than mine we can start stomping bugs, but that's eluding me so far. Drop by the IRC channel sometime, I'm on probably more than I should be ;).
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

nice to see people who want to help :)

i hope we will have a working mac version soon ^^
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Blorx2
Novice
Novice

Post by Blorx2 »

@catfish: Well, I can't really use autoconf for some reason...that's why I gave up with Cal3D...any chance that it could be put under Xcode? I know linking fairly well though. EDIT: Ok I've found out how to get autoconf. Just one problem...I'm not the admin...EDIT2: I found out why it won't work on other's computer, it needs this path

Code: Select all

/usr/local//lib/libguichan_sdl.0.dylib
Notice the two slashes in the path? That's the problem plus most people aren't developers.
@maci: I hope we will too...

YAE: Catfish, I may need you to send me your latest build's source so that I don't have to port it all over again here.
One last edit: I talked to my admin. He's going to try to have everything installed by Saturday. I should be helping then.

Question for an Admin: since I'm helping, will I be given developer status?
P.S. I may be developing tonight (EST)
"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he needs to" - Gandalf
Blorx2
Novice
Novice

Post by Blorx2 »

Ok, I got guichan and everything installed but I can't seem to get the libguichan_sdl thing...I have all the SDLs it needs but it won't detect SDL_image...It also has a bunch of parse errors in the Terminal when I install guichan...it's weird