The name of the Desert Kingdom

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

What will the Desert Kingdom be called?

Aanshir
6%
Tulimshar
25%
Tou'kai
13%
Shimris
38%
Mu'do'ha
19%
(none of the above / proposition made in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 16
Nidis
Peon
Peon

Post by Nidis »

Ok...what about Kohdalla? Kendalla? Terelsa? Tameklan? Sarahullan? Dechlanta? Halhellos? Tell me to stop if you guys dont need anymore idea's...
I've been told that to get what you want, you've just gotta give what you can.
But I know, for what i want, it wont come as easy as that...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Well I think we're quite ready to say that Shimris is the winner, but maybe is better to wait until it reaches 10.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Kyokai wrote:Yeah, I just inserted all the names on the list into the world development section. http://themanaworld.org/wiki/?Kingdoms. This isn't the sort of thing that takes a long time to decide :roll:. Anyway, it's a somewhat simple thing to change later on if we want to... I think... But since all these names are original, I doubt it will be a problem anymore. Ok! So let's get some real work done then! :shock:
In case you guys didn't notice this post before, I'm bringing it forward again. All the kingdom names are already in place. So there's not a real need to vote on it. I'm sorry for making the executive decision on this, but really, we're just wasting time by not deciding already. So if you click that link, you'll discover this information:

* Tulimshar - A desert fortess town founded by Grenxen (formerly Amzeroth)
* Shimris - A city built in the forest by Hra-zul
* Abbana - A sprawling port city built by Vixiel
* Mudoha - A city deep beneath the earth founded by Balgarieth
* Toukai - A city which sits on the edge of the world, led by Xendah
* Sonbrand - The scholar's kingdom. Situated on the island of the same name, this kingdom has a high regard for science and learning.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

hehe, sounds fine to me :)

there we go! the decision is made (and is quite suitable) :D
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yeah, nicely done Kyokai. The vote was good and we got some more interesting names, but it was time to end it. Now, as you said, it's time we move on. :-)