Suggested Ability - Safety Deposit Box (Bank)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ikms
Peon
Peon

Suggested Ability - Safety Deposit Box (Bank)

Post by ikms »

I would like to see the ability to open a Safety Deposit Box at the Bank in TMW
My starting suggestion is:

That various size Safety Deposit Boxes are available at a "cost" each time they are locked.
That they are able to store more items than any player can carry.

Part 2
That the boxes are numbered and have a combination (chosen by the player), that can be given to other players as required, or shared amongst a group.
That the banker can also let a player know who has access to their box (add a players access, remove a players access, show me who else has access)

The boxes will allow a player to store their items in a safe environment, rather than encourage them to have a large number of Non-Players "Mule(s)".
That I have currently observed in TMW.

Part 3
Possibility to encourage the Safety Deposit Box use (By robbery of suspicious players in the game, who are simply named ???MULE), and the recovery process of their stolen property could be at the Bank by reQuest. - The ability to open a Safety Deposit Box may be a quest in itself, after you find your lost property.
This would eliminate some mules, as a player would get tired of having to log each mule and recover its lost property, whereas the player that has completed the quest cannot be stolen from, and could deposit all their mules items in this REAL players Safety Deposit Box.

Also may be a benefit that players items in the Saftey Deposit Box have a better chance of porting to the New Server down the track.

Regards
ikms
whiterabbit
Peon
Peon

Re: Suggested Ability - Safety Deposit Box (Bank)

Post by whiterabbit »

Sounds good to me :D. It would be nice if there would not be need to carry items that one don't need at the moment. I think many people have stuff like dyes and herbs and hats from events etc. which they won't need while adventuring around map doing quests and training :).
Gone for good, bye!
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A simple item bank is easy enough (if not expensive), but the lock box proposal isn't very doable on the current server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The current server should already have support for an item storage (see script command "openstorage"). It is basically a matter of implementing it client-sided.

The concept with the safety codes and access lists, on the other hand, would be a bit more tricky. I am also not sure if it is a good idea at all.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ikms
Peon
Peon

Post by ikms »

Hi,

Any storage option would be great.

regards
ikms