Item Description

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Item Description

Post by Bear »

Like in many MMORPGs you have items. When having items, people want to know what it does... so i kinda want to suggest that we use something similar to Ragnarok Onlines style of Item description, like right click to get a box description. Other games have different styles, but i find the RO style the best and most useful.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

yeah i mention this problem at #irc some time ago. IMO we should have also item larger picture like in RO. Because item icon is not always diferent. On larger pix we can see more.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

good point

i thought about that a time ago .. heh but gorgot it then

well i guess RO has one item icon and then another drawn picture
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah I noticed the lack of item description, the problem is we first need to choose a way to store a sort of item database which will be used also with the new server, so it's a slow decision. I can only say you just keep waiting abd it will be introduced soon or later :wink:
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

I've beeen thinking about this too, since I've been putting together the item structures and how they will interact. Anyway, there will definitely be a destription sooner or later. If you want to open a wiki page and start writing them for the items we have listed already, please do by all means.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
eibwen
Peon
Peon

Post by eibwen »

i wrote:On larger pix we can see more.
A valid point. I thought the piece of cake was a feather until I visited the store.

As to items themselves while a more substantial change will be necessary, in the interim, I propose to list the item and possibly its effects when purchased, sold, picked up, etc.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

As for larger pics, we'll be increasing the default icon size from 20x20 to 32x32, maybe this will already allow for enough detail. A dialog showing more information about an item is surely a good idea.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

so whats picture size will we use in future? I think that 100 x 120 should be enogh. what do u think?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

We should try to draw something, so we could see better if that size is enough or maybe too much.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

well. i will make few samples. ;)
Maester Pixel
Peon
Peon

Post by Maester Pixel »

Hmm. Well I thought I test how it would look in 32x32, so I created 2 items; Blue Potion and Holy Water, an from what I see it looks quite good (in terms of size), of course its not the perfect size, but if it brings more detail to the item/weapon then why not.

Item 32x32 .png:
i wrote:so whats picture size will we use in future? I think that 100 x 120 should be enogh. what do u think?
Wouldn't that be too large?
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

nope. i'm thinking about prveview with many details, not in pixel art style, but just hand drawed.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm for this idea, but it's nothing to be too concerned about at this point, concentrate on pixel art and try to hang around the #tmwart channel 24/7.