"Heal" Spell and "Hurt" Spell

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

"Heal" Spell and "Hurt" Spell

Post by Wombat »

Using the existing systems found under Spell Casting and Alchemy I propose a heal and hurt spell.

Heal would be an instant heal spell. say "healx" where x is the number of magic points dedicated to the heal. It would randomize the number like how alchemy randomizes the number based on intelligence and the number of mps dedicated would be limited to Intelligence max. Intelligence would then determine the multiplier of the instant heal like healing potions. 1/2, 1, 2, 4.

Example: I say "heal30" and I have Intelligence 36. It would, burn 30mps, randomly select a number between 1-30, choosing 10 in this case and then multiply it by 4, equaling 40 instant heal. If I say heal40 it would not work because of my maximum intelligence.

While I'm not certain of how devs envision magic working on eathena beyond the current spell list under "spell casting", an attack could work the same way. Say "hurtx", x being the number of mps and intelligence being the maximum mps and multiplier. The character must have targeted an enemy/opponent in order for effects to occur. Intelligence also could have limitations based on its attack, but I don't know how this would work.

Magic would be somewhat powerful but would burn out fast. Intelligence could recover mps at a slower rate than Vitality recovers hps.

If this is redundant, I apologize.

*edited to expand detail of suggestion.
Last edited by Wombat on 18 Nov 2008, 17:03, edited 2 times in total.
Current character is "Abolish".
Sathard
Peon
Peon

Re: "Heal" Spell and "Hurt" Spell

Post by Sathard »

If we are near healing, I think, that healing potions should heal instantly, not as food. Than they would be more attractive in game. Now noone makes them, and noone buys/sells them, because even "beer" is better and cheaper.
Sorry, my English hurts
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Is this taking into account that casting heal1 would never be subject to any random dilution whatsoever?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Sure. It also takes into account "autoban" as the consequences of misusing magic. There is a certain speed to spell casting, else you fall into magic limbo for an hour.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Wombat wrote:Sure. It also takes into account "autoban" as the consequences of misusing magic. There is a certain speed to spell casting, else you fall into magic limbo for an hour.
Actually, spell casting is no longer passed to the spam checker.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

That's good to know. Not to get too complicated, but to add on the "paradox" for overcasting idea, I think there could be a speed to spellcasting "hurt" or "harm". If overcasting occurs, a random effect could occur, similar to how the autoban responds to normal spamming (dying, teleporting, a "trapa" or "trick-or-treat" spell going off instead, etc.)

Also, "hurt" could require "ash" to cast while heal could require "flower petals", for material components, if they seem necessary for casting these spells, as a suggestion.
fate
Warrior
Warrior

Post by fate »

Hi,

thanks for your suggestions, but there won't be a `heal X' or `hurt Y' spell-- that's too `hygienic' for proper magic. There already are spells with similar functionality, though they are missing graphics and quest scripting to be enabled.

-- fate
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

:mrgreen: Cool :mrgreen:
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Sathard wrote:If we are near healing, I think, that healing potions should heal instantly, not as food. Than they would be more attractive in game. Now noone makes them, and noone buys/sells them, because even "beer" is better and cheaper.
that's probably because you have low intelligence, the bigger potions are better than beer.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "