Finding of parts needed to create items

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

dadaemon
Peon
Peon

Finding of parts needed to create items

Post by dadaemon »

The current way of finding items is through the killing of monsters. Yesterday I played the game Secret of Evermore. And in that game you play a boy and his dog.

This dog has the "power" to sniff out hidden items. Wouldn't it be a nice addition to have this kind of stuff in TMW.

Maybe you could have a skill that will allow your character to search for stuff in the surroundings. When you are in a cave you can find gems. In a forrest you can find berries. Or in the dessert you could find fresh water. (Probably you could only find these items near a place with those stuff. Water near an oasis etc.)
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

it's an interesting idea. I think it might work. Let's see what everyone else has to say.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

i dislike the idea.. you would have to store items in the map or use sth on the server to hide items randomly..
it would work
but i dun like the idea
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

I also dislike the idea, in Secret Of Evermore... its an offline 1 player game, so you can basicaly abuse the sniffing like mad... on the second hand, since this is an ONLINE game.. people will most likely find a way to abuse it as well... too many items for people... even if its at a LOW % to get item, people will dedicate their computers to bot for them doing that...
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

You could have the skill have a chance to create an item from a list depending on the map type.

I dont really like it though.