Suggestion - Museum & Souvenir Shop

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ikms
Peon
Peon

Suggestion - Museum & Souvenir Shop

Post by ikms »

Hi TMW Team,

I would like to see a Museum & Souvenir Shop added to TMW
My Starting suggestion is:

There is an empty building in the Forest Town, that building could be used as a museum, displaying both the "artistic contributions" that have been made to TMW, (in the form of items) but also a wall of fame, acknowledging those who have contributed to the project.

I envisage a similiar layout to the wizards house, but with items on the walls, that are NPC's that tell who created, and assisted in the creation of each item in the game, and an honor board listing the names of developers/contributors, etc.

Furthermore the Museum, would have an overpriced Souvenir Shop NPC, which sells every item available in the game, but at extraordinarly high prices.

Regards
ikms
Ishara
Peon
Peon

Re: Suggestion - Museum & Souvenir Shop

Post by Ishara »

Just adding my two cents...

I particularly like the idea of a museum. That could show historical items and the evolution of the characters throughout the history of TMW, sort of like a condensed version of all the cool stuff on the wiki. I wanted to suggest something like that earlier when Black Don was giving away his crown, but decided against it.

Not so crazy about the souvenir shop idea, though. But rather than selling all the items in the game, it could sell silly items like TMW product placement merchandise (e.g. "Mana World T-shirt).
Character Name: Zephyr

"If you focus your mind on the freedom and community that you can build by staying firm, you will find the strength to do it. 'Stand for something, or you will fall for nothing.'"
~ Richard Stallman
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

Mana World T-shirt sounds a bit obvious, since everybody in the Mana World is in the Mana World. How about "I <3 [image of monster]" shirts or mouboo (image) t-shirts?. Maybe "NPC" or "BOT" would also work as humouristic t-shirts. :mrgreen:
octalot
Novice
Novice

Post by octalot »

I think this would be an excellent place to put hints about quests.
[scythe] "When monsters attacked Hurnscald, the villagers defended with their farm tools. Crush lead an adventuring party to drive the monsters back."
[demon mask] "This evil mask was found in the northern mines by Black Don."
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
kickinyourface
Novice
Novice

Post by kickinyourface »

[Tneck] Platyna was stressed out so she made this (/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5302) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT: some spellingmistakes ;)
lvl 7X | God made Weed, Men made beer... In God we Trust
yourmistakes wrote::lol: lmfao @ people that think the internet is serious business.