Show Monster HP while fighting it

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

blueberry
Novice
Novice

Show Monster HP while fighting it

Post by blueberry »

Would be a nice feature to see the HP's of the monster you currently fight with. I'm thinking either of a health bar near the player's health, with the monsters name besides, or a bar directly over the monsters.

Regards.
Thirtysixway
Peon
Peon

Re: Show Monster HP while fighting it

Post by Thirtysixway »

I second this, it would be nice to have. :)
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

It would also be interesting to see a hp bar of other players (perhaps under their name)
Some reasons why this would be helpfull:
- For pvp (especially if you both agree not to use health-recovery items for a duel)
- For group play (to see if a team-member is in trouble, perhaps later on even for healingspells)
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

5t3v3 wrote:It would also be interesting to see a hp bar of other players (perhaps under their name)
Some reasons why this would be helpfull:
- For pvp (especially if you both agree not to use health-recovery items for a duel)
- For group play (to see if a team-member is in trouble, perhaps later on even for healingspells)
i agree that player should be able to see hp status of his teammates... but in my opinion in pvp player shouldn't see hp of other players... fight is much more interesting and unpredictable that way..
z0ro
Novice
Novice

Post by z0ro »

Blueberry and Steve has couple of awesome ideas, I think this should be made in the game
Exchequer
Peon
Peon

Post by Exchequer »

yosuhara wrote:i agree that player should be able to see hp status of his teammates... but in my opinion in pvp player shouldn't see hp of other players... fight is much more interesting and unpredictable that way..
If you are fighting with someone you can measure your contender status, if you see your contender blooding a lot you know he is injured and weak.

Option 1) The bar has to be a color, green for good status (66-100% HP), orange for medium (33-66% HP) and red for bad status (0-33% HP).

You can't know exactly how many HP your opponent has left, you only know his status color.

Option 2) Like "Final Fantasy XI: Online", you can see the HP bar of your enemies without numbers, and the HP bar of your party members with numbers.

Option 3) You can see the HP bar of everyone with numbers.

The first option is more real, the second and third are better for strategy because you can know when your enemy will die.
Automatic James
Peon
Peon

Post by Automatic James »

Exchequer wrote:
yosuhara wrote:i agree that player should be able to see hp status of his teammates... but in my opinion in pvp player shouldn't see hp of other players... fight is much more interesting and unpredictable that way..
If you are fighting with someone you can measure your contender status, if you see your contender blooding a lot you know he is injured and weak.

Option 1) The bar has to be a color, green for good status (66-100% HP), orange for medium (33-66% HP) and red for bad status (0-33% HP).

You can't know exactly how many HP your opponent has left, you only know his status color.

Option 2) Like "Final Fantasy XI: Online", you can see the HP bar of your enemies without numbers, and the HP bar of your party members with numbers.

The first option is more real, the second and third are better for strategy because you can know when your enemy will die.
If the game achieves much popularity, and enough things are stored client-side, just like FFXI with windower, these features will be added by players if not by the developers.

In that light, I am in favor of a Settings option where players can set either #2 or #3 of the options you listed above.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Automatic James wrote:
Exchequer wrote:

If the game achieves much popularity, and enough things are stored client-side, just like FFXI with windower, these features will be added by players if not by the developers.

In that light, I am in favor of a Settings option where players can set either #2 or #3 of the options you listed above.
Considering that monsters can mutate under TMWServ, you can't trust those values.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

0.1 will show the HP of all your party members.

--
trapdoor