Problem with emoticons and joystick

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Arikover
Peon
Peon

Problem with emoticons and joystick

Post by Arikover »

Well this is my first post on this forum, so here I am.

I discovered 'The Mana World' a week ago, and I must say it is a really good MMORPG (I am fond of the 'Secret of Mana"-like graphics).

I have two questions :

(1)
I have a problem with emoticons. The keys are [alt]+ any number, but it doesn't work. The only emoticon I can do is when typing [alt] + [=] (the equal near the right shift key). Is this a bug? Is it a known bug?

(2)
I saw that TMW can be played with a joystick. I have got a gamepad, and I tried to calibrate it, but it doesn't work. Is it because I tried with a gamepad instead of a joystick, or is it bug?

I had these problems with both 0.0.25 and 0.0.27 versions.
(I run TMW with MacOS 10.4.11)

(I also had a problem with the fullscreen mode in version 0.0.27, but this has already been reported)

If these problems are not MacOS-related, please excuse me.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Problem with emoticons and joystick

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Arikover wrote: (1)
I have a problem with emoticons. The keys are [alt]+ any number, but it doesn't work. The only emoticon I can do is when typing [alt] + [=] (the equal near the right shift key). Is this a bug? Is it a known bug?
You can change the modifier used for smilies in the keyboard setup.
Arikover wrote: (2)
I saw that TMW can be played with a joystick. I have got a gamepad, and I tried to calibrate it, but it doesn't work. Is it because I tried with a gamepad instead of a joystick, or is it bug?
Only the first joystick can be used, another might be reported as the first (there maybe a virtual one in that spot). Gamepads are joysticks.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The default modifier for smileys on OS X is the Apple key these days.

There were issues with some international layouts with producing characters into chat with alt when alt was reserved for smileys.
This message used to be meaningful.
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

Arikover wrote: I have two questions :
(1)
The apple key is used rather than alt on Mac OSX.
Arikover wrote: (2)
I haven't added any joystick support for Mac OSX.

--
trapdoor