Devs and Forum Private Messaging

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Devs and Forum Private Messaging

Post by Wombat »

I recommend that Developers familiarize themselves with the forum's private messaging system.

Comments like Crush's that challenged my feedback on the game might be better relayed through private messaging so that details on why I gave certain feedback could be questioned outside a medium where people aren't prone to pick sides. It would also help developers avoid polluting the feedback section with flamers and sycophants responding to developer comments.

I also feel that the developers would be less defensive if this was a common protocol as they could avoid flame wars and communicate with players in a more honest way where people aren't looking to win or lose points on each other.

Another thing the devs might benefit from is a "dev talk" section that is only viewable by developers where they can discuss feedback internally instead of responding to players on feedback threads.
Current character is "Abolish".
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Devs and Forum Private Messaging

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Um...we do use private messaging and a private forum. Its just that somethings need to be said in public. Often, to make sure that falsehoods get corrected.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Awesome. I hope it can be seen that I'm not offering anything false.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

So you want to forbid me to take part in public discussions?

Don't you think that is a bit presumptuous?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Crush, really man, I've got no beef with you. I'm not trying to "ban" anyone. If you have a problem with what is said, feel free to question me directly and I'll be more than happy to reply. Assuming the worst is the fastest way to miscommunication.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Mmm flame wars? Flame wars are usually cooled down, locked or deleted, there is also a nice, cute thingie as report button, hell useful. Anyway if you have something to say about the project, then why you are afraid to tell it in public and read people's opinions? Suggestion forums is sort of a can we put all the suggestions, and then we move these useful ones into development section lab (including the hidden sections), this system is quite nice.

Also messaging the particular developers is: primo: annoying for them, secundo: impairs the information flow among developers team, therefore is it bad idea.

Regards.