Healing in friendly towns

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Healing in friendly towns

Post by feline monstrosity »

How about we have it so that all your health and mana is restored to full when you enter a friendly town or settlement to avoid all that tedious sitting around?
~Feline Monstrosity
yasha
Novice
Novice

Re: Healing in friendly towns

Post by yasha »

That's why inn's are for....
Uses Ubuntu 8.10 and The mana world 0.0.27.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It would be too easy to lure a strong monster to the town gate, attack it, and then enter the town and return quickly whenever you are short before dying.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
ville-v
Peon
Peon

Post by ville-v »

Crush wrote:It would be too easy to lure a strong monster to the town gate, attack it, and then enter the town and return quickly whenever you are short before dying.
This would work, if the healing was done by NPC, who would be somewhat away from all town gates, in addition to monster quickly wandering away when it notices it is alone at the town gate (the latter would be kinda logical anyway and could be good addition even without the whole healing thing).

However, it would be better idea if regeneration rate would simply be higher in towns. Or maybe just in the visibility of the soul menhir.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

yasha wrote:That's why inn's are for....
Oh yeah, silly me! :D
~Feline Monstrosity