My first drawings for TMW - UPDATED

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

toc toc

:)
really nice and even neat in some way^^
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I'm posting this before I start giving colour and eventually screwing it :) :

:wink:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Hehe flaming lollypops!
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

To everyone:

Every work i upload is for you to give your opinion.
I'm realizing that most of the people that read this only stop to say a few words and left. I want to hear more elaborated opinions and suggestions. Even if you don't like it.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well I really appreciate all the works you posted until now, but can you please add a description to them when posting them on the forum? Some of them are a bit hard to understand. :roll:
Whist
Peon
Peon

Re: My first drawings for TMW - UPDATED

Post by Whist »

Pajarico wrote:Here it is :D :

Work in progress.

Tell me what you think.

(yes that is the first post)

The second one "sword" looks like the knife "Gladius" on ragnarok online... I don't think it should be used in the game because of it
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Pajarico wrote: Image
Is this an actual place in TMW (A dungeon of sound or something?) or is it an item players can aquire and use (possibly in taming pets). I think it could make a really interesting dungeon myself.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Elven Programmer ok, i'll put a description from now on. Tell what you don't understand and i will reply (or contact me at IRC).

Kyokai Rotonen told me yesterday that i should start drawing weapons and buildings, specially the temple on Amzeroth (or wathever it'll be called).
So that is supposed to be a carved-on-stone building. The rock is natural, people just carved the entrances and the whistles.
The sound should alert people of things like coming of rain, hurricans, magical things, or wathever,.... depending of the direction of the wind.

PD: Whats the element attached to that temple?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Pajarico, I just want to say I like most of your drawings a lot and that I agree with Elven in that some could use a description or something about their purpose. For example I don't understand very well the burning lollipops and the chain thing. Take an example (though it doesn't need to go this far) from Talaroc in the thread where he posted some cloths and weapons here:

http://themanaworld.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... ight=#2233

Also, I'm sure you know that before we can use any of the stuff you draw it'll first need to be translated into pixel drawings. Is your intention to leave this to other people or will you move to pixel art later?
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

I leave that to other people. That's what i said since the begining. :wink:

burning lollipops: is a magical weapon. Is a metalic wire and the character hold it by the lower end. The top end is just a flat circle in the version at the left, the one at the right is made of a single wire bent several times and is spherical.

the chain: Is a metalic chain. One end serves to hold it, the other is like a sword. It is aimed to be thrown against the enemy.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Hmm you ask me for comments, sincerely I like most of your art and I've nothing to say more, the only thing maybe is the knife 2 which seems to be hard to handle, but this is only concept art, we can refine it during pixel translation. About the building maybe the upper holes can be improved and i like the essential style of it, but maybe more details could help something like a sign/symbol printed in the stone or something like that
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

A new concept art for the temple in Amzeroth (I'm looking at the map and can't see a temple in the desert, but that was Rotonen told me anyway 8) ).
Well the idea is a gate carved into stone that is behind a watrfall. Of course there is no need to do the rear part, so the PC could only reach the front part.

There is a lake in the front. I know, I know.... the character has to walk on water or take a boat, or we could assume that is not very profound but then it would be impossible for the water to flow (everything would be flooded). Unfortunately I didn't pay much attention on that...

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

http://themanaworld.org/archive/pajaric ... 052005.jpg
Map for Amzeroth. The buildings are just representative.
Tell me what do you think about the distribution before i make a more detailed view.

Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

The temple in the city (renamed Tulimshar) is not one of the 9 elemental temples, though the elemental temple of fire is located (sort of) nearby. Somehow my map got erased on the wiki, so I'll repost it now.
http://themanaworld.org/wiki/index.php?Map.

http://themanaworld.org/wiki/index.php?TonoriDesert
The Tonori desert region is the one in which the city of Tulimshar sits. Actually, I really need to make a thread about this map to raise awareness... I think I'll do that now.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.