[BAN] "Aethyra" Accounts

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Arilious
Novice
Novice

[BAN] "Aethyra" Accounts

Post by Arilious »

Lately, two accounts I have spotted, "Play Aethyra" and "Aethyra.org." It is blatant that they do not play, simply advertise. Nothing against Aethyra, but I request they be perma-banned.

Screenshot Attached.
Said Characters in-game
Said Characters in-game
Report.jpg (86.98 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: "Aethyra" Accounts

Post by Matt »

I don't think we should care.

If know what "Play Aehyra" means you may already have tried it anyway - if not, i seriously doubt someone would google it - much higher chance you think its some kind of sex position...

As long they don't run around spaming...
celso
Peon
Peon

Post by celso »

honestly, i dont agree with arilious. i have seen a few bad names of players and noone did anything so, i dont see the point of baning them. as matt said: As long they don't run around spaming...

peace
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

It's clear that these chars are only created to advertise for Aethyra. So they don't really make sense for TMW. Also they don't break any rules I guess. They only tell you to play Aethyra. And I can tell you, playing Aethyra is a really bad idea. Except you like to be a lonely character in a really bad mmorpg. :lol:

Sorry, but I played it and it was almost unplayable. And I also read the ridiciolous statements of the developers who publishes the game under the GNU license and even don't understand what open source means...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I haven't seen these characters ingame since yesterday morning, so I assume that the person who created these characters realized the lameness of his/her actions.

Discussions about Aethyra itself do not belong into this thread, in my opinion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

All advertisement done in-game is inappropriate.

This is no exception.
This message used to be meaningful.
crazy
Peon
Peon

Post by crazy »

Katze
Knight
Knight

Re: [BAN] "Aethyra" Accounts

Post by Katze »

All "Aethyra" accounts will be banned permanently. This kind of "advertisement" is considered spamming!

Katze
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

:!:
Only one Aethyra-account could be banned so far. The others are unbanable and unblockable. And someone even menaged to get two of them called "Aethyra.org" in game. So I couldn't even @recall them to a far away place anymore.
And on the top of it: Those accounts don't exist on the database and therefore can't be deleted.
Nicely done! :evil:

Maybe there are some clever enough people around who know how that could be done. Then please tell me via PM.

Thank you! 8)

Katze
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

By the way: The Aethyra admins have posted on the frontpage of their homepage that they want their community to stop advertising on TMW. The person who continues to do so regardless should ask himself how this aggressive advertising makes the Aethyra community look.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.