Sitting Male Sprite

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

valus
Peon
Peon

Sitting Male Sprite

Post by valus »

I was going to work on the female sitting sprite to make it more female appropriate. I ended up fooling around with the male sitting sprite first. I just changed his sitting position a bit and made the sitting position the same from every angle.

Para si.
Attachments
male-sit.gif
male-sit.gif (3.29 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Sitting Male Sprite

Post by EJlol »

with the nort facing sprite, the hand is to "detailed". The fingers shouldn't be drawn apart.
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

I was going to work on the female sitting sprite to make it more female appropriate.
why can't anyone just sit as (s)he likes? i hate gender.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

What do you want, kinwa? A catalogue of a dozend of different sitting poses to choose from when sitting down? We can not draw equipment sprites for a ton of redundant poses. One pose for each gender has to be enough. And it's a biological fact that men and women have a different body language.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

well, i don't think this is the place to discuss such disputable things like the nature of gender. i'm just always unhappy getting forced into gender-"appropriate"-roles. so i'm against it.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately you are quite in the minority with this attitude. We already discussed different unisex sitting poses in the past. All were either perceived as "effeminate" for male characters or "vulgar" for female characters by the majority of people.

Also note this thread: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2115 where people experimented with different sitting poses.

Valus, please don't get discouraged or distracted by this superfluous discussion and keep up the good work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

I prefer the one Saphy draw 2 years ago. I put the male sprite valus made and the female sprite from Saphy together. What you think, do they fit together?
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

The female feels like she is longer than the male version. Not a good thing IMO :P