Newbie Zone Suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Newbie Zone Suggestions

Post by Bear »

Im going to make Newbie zone npcs, already finished a few.

NPCs:All npcs dont have names yet so thats also something to be suggested(please make the simple enough for people to remember -_-)

When a npc is done, there will be a (!) to mark it

NPCs:
Trainer(teaches batte basics)
! Items(teaches basic item types)
! Monster(teaches monster AI/behavior(aggressive/passive so on))
Misc(teaches other stuff undeveloped yet -_-)
! Party(teaches co-opertive play)
Level(Teaches Level system(unsure))
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

We should name the trainer mr.miyagi from karate kid lmao. Ahem...anway for names im not really sure.....trainer could be something original like...umm...i dont know >.>. Names are hard to come up with because its the easiest part :P.

Why dont we just name them based on what they do. Ex) party teacher dan

Or something along that line. People wouldnt have to remember wich npc teaches what. Thats my suggestion.
dadaemon
Peon
Peon

Post by dadaemon »

Trainer Tyler
Item Trainer Ido
Monster Trainer Molly
Misc Trainer Mick
Party Trainer Pat
Level Trainer Luke

:)
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Bear: Make sure you teach them the game systems as they are posted on the wiki, and not as they are implemented currently. That, or at least be ready to change in a month or so when the new server starts being used and we are able to get our own original sysems placed. It might be nice to create a newbie map, which is exclusively for training new PCs.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

i havent even started to make the systems npc BUT i will once i get a clear enough view of all te systems.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Re: re

Post by Kyokai »

Bear wrote:i havent even started to make the systems npc BUT i will once i get a clear enough view of all te systems.
Ok, just IM me if you have any questions. I know some of it may not be completely clear, but I should be able to explain it in person no problem.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.