Send in .rar form please

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Send in .rar form please

Post by Jormungand »

Edited. Thanks
Last edited by Jormungand on 27 Apr 2005, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Why you can't use exes? If you can't execute binaries you won't be able to play it anyway.
And if you have winrar installed you could probably extract the exe and play.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Pajarico wrote:Why you can't use exes? If you can't execute binaries you won't be able to play it anyway.
I think he means that he cannot install new files on his school PC via a normal installer. That's because of administrator policies. If you really don't care, you can always download policy nuke and get around these restrictions. Otherwise, you should probably IM one of us and have us pass you the latest CVS version over AIM. I can do it if you catch me online sometime. my AIM screen name is "Kiyoshi Kyokai".
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Kyokai wrote:
Pajarico wrote:Why you can't use exes? If you can't execute binaries you won't be able to play it anyway.
I think he means that he cannot install new files on his school PC via a normal installer. That's because of administrator policies. If you really don't care, you can always download policy nuke and get around these restrictions. Otherwise, you should probably IM one of us and have us pass you the latest CVS version over AIM. I can do it if you catch me online sometime. my AIM screen name is "Kiyoshi Kyokai".
Thanks. You'r close to being right but your in the right direction. I cant install because of administrator poilicy but if I were to install I could play. I just need to get around the installation. Like maybe if someone where to put the TMW folder from installation into a .rar and host and I could download from school computers. Our school has a program that blocks out a lot of sites. Its called St. Bernard. It wont let us connect to music sites, game sites, and other things like that. Even tho this is a game site. Most of the website that are blocked are reviewed by teh adminitrators and blocked. So if some kid from school went to http://www.gamersguide.com it would be blocked because it has the word "game" in the title. TheManaWorld is not blocked.
Sorry if my typing is bad.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Since that can be the case for many (and actually for me too at the moment at school, which I'm not attending at the moment, but have the right to go to.. complex, isn't it?), providing a precompiled packaged w32 release wouldn't hurt, would it ?
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Wont work. I can only use .rar. I downloaded .rar in my freshman year and since then they blocked out .rar website. I still have it and I can only get things in .rar form. I cant install but if you were to send me the files for the mana world in a .rar then I could get it to work. I cant even get on my hotmail account but I can use my yahoo account.. If you can send it to me me at sects_mobile@yahoo.com . Sorry this is causing so much trouble but school really sucks and its boring at school. I work and I go to school and just a little relief goes a long way. So if someone could lend a tired worker a .rar file with teh folder of TMW. It would be great.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Is possible to open the exe with winrar? (I ask because I don't use windows).
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

I think it's a bit too big to send like that (in email). I can send you my CVS version, which is the latest one (better than the normal download). If I just send you the whole folder, you should be able to play it fine. However, it's sort of big, so this is only an option if you have a fast connection. I don't know how your school admins feel about direct file transfer, but this seems like the easiest way, in my opinion.
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

What attachment size does yahoo support?
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Not sure what file size. But I will figure out a way to get it on to school computers. WHen I get my computer back from repair. I will download .rar and download latest TMW and put it on cd to put on school computers. No worries.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'm still in favour of precompiled packages wihtout installers.. :roll:
While I'm at it, I might just as well start randomly providing precompiled w32 cvs snapshots.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

Hope you post the links on the site. SO I can download immidietly. :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

What I meant was come bug me on IRC and if I'm available, I'll provide you with one. This applies to anyone.
Jormungand
Peon
Peon

Post by Jormungand »

I cant really download mIRC but I just noticed that I can bootup NetMeeting and chat. XD
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Rotonen wrote:I'm still in favour of precompiled packages wihtout installers.. :roll:
While I'm at it, I might just as well start randomly providing precompiled w32 cvs snapshots.
You can always get the latest cvs and compiled binaries from here http://themanaworld.homeip.net/tmw

It will be updated only on the week ends though while I'm at uni.