Testing period on enigma.dy.fi until 11th of January 2009

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tralfalmadore
Peon
Peon

Re: Testing period on enigma.dy.fi until 11th of January 2009

Post by tralfalmadore »

I've been playing the test server. I'm pretty new so i don't know which issues are problems in both servers and which are exclusive to the test server. heres what i got:

Testing:
I tested the roasted maggot issue, and it worked properly for me.

Regarding equipment, if I have a defense of 28 and wear a hat with +4% defense, it moves up to 32. Is it supposed to be 4% or 4 points?

When I talk to Milly after talking to the police officer, she says Hi, and the third option for me to tell her is “yes it is.” This doesn’t make sense.

When moving with the mouse, its difficult to change zones

Recommendations (sorry if this is the wrong place for them):
Hotkeys atleast for Inventory, Equipment, and Skills, possibly the others too.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

tralfalmadore wrote:I tested the roasted maggot issue, and it worked properly for me.
[/quote]
I think georgm forgot about the change to heal over time.
tralfalmadore wrote:Regarding equipment, if I have a defense of 28 and wear a hat with +4% defense, it moves up to 32. Is it supposed to be 4% or 4 points?
Same. Points are %.
tralfalmadore wrote:When I talk to Milly after talking to the police officer, she says Hi, and the third option for me to tell her is “yes it is.” This doesn’t make sense.
Fixed.
tralfalmadore wrote:When moving with the mouse, its difficult to change zones
Yes. You need to click on the warp, as the client will ignore clicks on tiles you can't go to.
tralfalmadore wrote:Recommendations (sorry if this is the wrong place for them):
Hotkeys atleast for Inventory, Equipment, and Skills, possibly the others too.
They've existed for a while. Play around with the function keys. 0.0.27 lets you change them.
georgm
Peon
Peon

Post by georgm »

jaxad0127 wrote:
georgm wrote:The monsters seem to drop items inside the walls sometimes. Aisha also stands on a wall, is there something wrong with object placement?
They will only drop where you can walk. Are you sure you have the latest client data?
I use v0.27 (which I compiled on Ubuntu). I think I can walk there, it is just that the offset of the objects seems to be off. I am not able to recharge my health with potions either.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

georgm wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:
georgm wrote:The monsters seem to drop items inside the walls sometimes. Aisha also stands on a wall, is there something wrong with object placement?
They will only drop where you can walk. Are you sure you have the latest client data?
I use v0.27 (which I compiled on Ubuntu). I think I can walk there, it is just that the offset of the objects seems to be off. I am not able to recharge my health with potions either.
Please remember that healing was changed to always be over time. It will increase you normal healing and allow you to heal while moving.
yion
Peon
Peon

Post by yion »

I have noticed few times today some server hickups. Sometimes all, sometimes some mosters stop. I am still able move arround, kill them, i get exp, can collect drops, heal, etc... After some seconds monsters that have stoped, continue moving from the same point (unlike usuall network failures). Maybe just server performance problems?

I am using 0.26 gentoo ebuild. I might try tomorrow with git HEAD. Please let me know if you need more specific informations, or wish me to do some additional testing.

Edit: Corrected client version.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

I've noticed that, usually in a place like eastern 18-1 where the sea slimes keep respawning and have to choose which of the several dozen drops they want to eat first.

Maybe servers just aren't rated for dealing with so many items in one place, given the Drop Mania trial period.
erebe
Peon
Peon

Post by erebe »

Hello,

I notice that on enigma server when char level up, client doesn't show number of owned xp point.

I don't encounter this problem on server.themanworld.org one, with the same client.

Erebe
NB I'm using 0.0.27 client
yasha
Novice
Novice

Post by yasha »

yion wrote:I have noticed few times today some server hickups. Sometimes all, sometimes some mosters stop. I am still able move arround, kill them, i get exp, can collect drops, heal, etc... After some seconds monsters that have stoped, continue moving from the same point (unlike usuall network failures). Maybe just server performance problems?

I am using 0.26 gentoo ebuild. I might try tomorrow with git HEAD. Please let me know if you need more specific informations, or wish me to do some additional testing.

Edit: Corrected client version.
I saw that too. Sometimes when I attack monster it stays there. Suddenly all monsters were just standing like frozen, i could attack and i got xp. When i changed location and came back it was all good. I am using 0.0.27 with ubuntu 8.10.
Uses Ubuntu 8.10 and The mana world 0.0.27.