NPCs IDs can be more than 199 ?

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

NPCs IDs can be more than 199 ?

Post by strikerbcb »

well, i am trying to make some tests in my eAthena TMW test server, but i can´t go above the id 199, is any limitation about this ? Any time i put a id above 199 the npc is don´t showed.

If have this limitation, is possible to put more than 100 npcs in any way ( ids 100 to 199 ) in eAthena server ?

Thanks for the Attention
<<Striker>> - Evolving Ever
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Mundo dos Dragões - http://www.mundodosdragoes.org
Sanga
Novice
Novice

Re: NPCs IDs can be more than 199 ?

Post by Sanga »

strikerbcb wrote:well, i am trying to make some tests in my eAthena TMW test server, but i can´t go above the id 199, is any limitation about this ? Any time i put a id above 199 the npc is don´t showed.

If have this limitation, is possible to put more than 100 npcs in any way ( ids 100 to 199 ) in eAthena server ?

Thanks for the Attention
eAthena supports NPCs from 100 to 999. The limitation you're running into is in the TMW client, which assumes that NPCs are from 100 to 199.

I *think* (but haven't tested) that you can change this limit with some simple edits to the client sources - File "src/beingmanager.cpp", lines 78 and 86, just change the "200" to "1000".
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

thanks for the rapid reply, i will test this.
Project World of Dragons - Brazilian Total Rework Fork of the TMW and a newer 3D Client/Server
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

strikerbcb wrote:thanks for the rapid reply, i will test this.
And what were the results of your tests? If NPC IDs can be higher than that, we should probably change that in our client.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

sorry, i past some times with other things and forgot this for while ... well, i try change these options in the code, and it´s the same, i can´t use more than 100-199 ids, the npcs don´t appear with ids highter than 199. It´s any chance to solve this before the next release comes ?

My data : eathena latest git version, windows Xp SP3

Thanks ...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We can have the next release allow more (which I think eAthena does support), but older releases will still have the limit.
strikerbcb
Novice
Novice

Post by strikerbcb »

It´s very dificult to change this limitation ? if it´s not, you can share to us until the next release ?

And i think this type of thing it´s better limitless, or a really great limit. 100 npcs are to small to any game, and very smaller to a mmorpg.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

strikerbcb wrote:It´s very dificult to change this limitation ? if it´s not, you can share to us until the next release ?

And i think this type of thing it´s better limitless, or a really great limit. 100 npcs are to small to any game, and very smaller to a mmorpg.
They weren't expecting to stay with eAthena this long.