Wisp monster stats

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Sharighan
Novice
Novice

Wisp monster stats

Post by Sharighan »

I think all of the players in TMW with lvl 70+ would like if this monsters give 1000xp each and has lots of them to the people kill them like the snakes in the pit !

Sorry for bad english if you dont understand its ok...
The version i use is 0.0.29.Q and its unsupported and unofficial
Lvl 90+
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [RC] Wisp monster

Post by Turmfalke »

I think all of the players in TMW with lvl 1+ would like if this monsters give more than 1000xp each and has lots of them to the people kill them like the maggots in Tulimshar !

I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Sharighan wrote:I think all of the players in TMW with lvl 70+ would like if this monsters give 1000xp each and has lots of them to the people kill them like the snakes in the pit !

These would be great near open clearings found in the densely wooded areas in the southwest, particularly near water (since there's no swamp area yet [of which mosquitoes, would be another easy sprite, a 1x1 pixel sprite that's almost impossible to see unless you target nearest, perfect accuracy, and deals 1hp damage but with the striking speed of 2x the flowers, but that's all off topic.]).

I second Sharighan on the wisp for lvl 70+ and give 2000xp, but it would be good if it has a lot of hp, has a very high evade, and a extremely low attack but an unreasonably high major attack, just to keep it balanced.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
yasha
Novice
Novice

Post by yasha »

Fother J wrote:I second Sharighan on the wisp for lvl 70+ and give 2000xp, but it would be good if it has a lot of hp, has a very high evade, and a extremely low attack but an unreasonably high major attack, just to keep it balanced.
You want monsters which will be hit every 50th time with dex 99? I think that it should have looots of hp (like 50 000?) but not bigger agility than skull.
Uses Ubuntu 8.10 and The mana world 0.0.27.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I would suggest the following stats compared to other monsters in its level area:

evade: high
defence: high
hit points: very low
speed: average
damage: below average
crit rate: high
aggressive: no

Note that the monster is recolorable. That means that it would be possible to create different versions for different level areas or with different attributes.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Frictor
Peon
Peon

Re: Wisp monster stats

Post by Frictor »

When first envisioned, I wanted the wisp to have much of the same settings as Crush proposes. Though an aggro personality and low crit rate would be where I diverge from him on it. I liked the idea of it being an annoyance, but not a threat.

Also, I wanted to have it easier to hit with magic attacks, than with physical ones, but since magic hasn't yet been implemented on Aethyra, that notion has been put on the wayside for the time being. Maybe you can do something with it here.
On these forums I am primarily a messenger and an observer, so please don't shoot me! :P
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Can we have a swarm monster boss from this one? Easy to pull off.

A bigger aggressive super hard one surrounded by aggressive normal ones. (I know the functionality comes with eA.)
This message used to be meaningful.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Rotonen wrote:Can we have a swarm monster boss from this one? Easy to pull off.

A bigger aggressive super hard one surrounded by aggressive normal ones. (I know the functionality comes with eA.)
Easy. The smaller ones should even prioritize on those attacking the bigger one. The lager one would of course be easier to hit, but have far more health.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Could one of these monsters also have a super-rare drop as suggested in this thread?
Obviously we need to create an item to be the super rare drop. I think it should be a stylish item of clothing (chest possibly?) with quite-good-but-not-phenomenal stats.
~Feline Monstrosity