[WIP] Frostsword

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

yasha
Novice
Novice

[WIP] Frostsword

Post by yasha »

I i'm crating new weapon: Frostsword.I've done icon (it's not final version, feel free to comment) and i started to do anymation.
Frostsword icon
Frostsword icon
weapon-sword-frostsword.png (381 Bytes) Viewed 1216 times
I have one question: How can i see xml animation? Do i need some program to view it? Wiki says
So if you want to load the playerset you just load player.xml and it takes care of loading all related images. Of course delays are defined in milliseconds.
but i don't understand where to load player.xml....

EDIT: Why uploaded file looks different than icon i made? On my disk it isn't like that.... here's image's link in normal quality.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... tsword.png
Uses Ubuntu 8.10 and The mana world 0.0.27.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [WIP] Frostsword

Post by Crush »

Both of the graphics you posted look the same to me. But I would rather suggest to use the dyeing system to create different elemental weapons. That way we need only one weapon for frost, heat, earth etc. swords.

Regarding testing the animation: When you want to create a combat graphic for an item I would suggest you to edit the weapon-knife.png. That way you don't have to bother with the animation system.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yasha
Novice
Novice

Post by yasha »

Crush wrote:Regarding testing the animation: When you want to create a combat graphic for an item I would suggest you to edit the weapon-knife.png. That way you don't have to bother with the animation system.
I have animation and xml, i just don't know how to see that animation... I want to see how everything fits, but i can't "play" animation.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

yasha wrote:
Crush wrote:Regarding testing the animation: When you want to create a combat graphic for an item I would suggest you to edit the weapon-knife.png. That way you don't have to bother with the animation system.
I have animation and xml, i just don't know how to see that animation... I want to see how everything fits, but i can't "play" animation.
Replace that graphic, then zip it up (with the same folder structure it's under) and put it in your custom data.
yasha
Novice
Novice

Post by yasha »

It looks OK if you ask me. Here's the animation:
Frostsword Sprite
Frostsword Sprite
weapon-sword-frostsword.png (1.62 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
weapon-frostsword.xml
xml
(716 Bytes) Downloaded 58 times
When I attack down-facing, it looks unnatural, but it's like that with normal dagger. 1st and 2nd frame don't look so good with big weapon, but that's how body moves.

Still, don't know why it looks bad on forum on my pc, so its here if doesn't have straight lines:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... word-1.png