Lost password...

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Lost password...

Post by feline monstrosity »

Seeing as this was posted in the development area, how about discussing the implementation of an automatic password retrieval system?
~Feline Monstrosity
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

feline monstrosity wrote:Seeing as this was posted in the development area, how about discussing the implementation of an automatic password retrieval system?
See Mantis 113.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That ticket is specific to 0.1.0 (the new server and client). I don't think that it would be worth the hassle to implement a web interface based on the eAthena password list (especially considering that we don't use the eAthena database system but the flatfile system which complicates such things a bit).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Hokay, gottit!
~Feline Monstrosity
n0th1n
Peon
Peon

Post by n0th1n »

Well, heres a similar problem I'm having:
I know my password, unfortunatly I lost my username (brother started playing, and while previously I just left the name on, he erased it when he played).
I know my char names, I know my password, I have a general idea of what the username is, I just can't figure out what it was exactly, and try as I might, I can't get the name that works. If I saw it in a list of names, I would recognize it, but unfortunately thats not an option it seems (security reasons for that I would guess).
I'm guessing, if it'll even be possible, I'll have to ask one of the developers/maintainers to look it up for me somehow, but I don't know who and where to mention it.

To help with both these problems, maybe we should have email signups, which could send an email of username and password upon registration, so you could have both on file.
Setry
Peon
Peon

Post by Setry »

Hello, I lost my password and now I can't play.

This post is all I have found on this forum, and yet I don't know how to have a new password or recover the old one.

Sorry if the answer is just in front of my eyes,but I can't understand every English word :oops:
z0ro
Novice
Novice

Post by z0ro »

As for deleting the character, a lot people probably accidentally deleted their character and went oh crap!! But to prevent this from happening, why don't you devs make it so if someone clicks "delete", a small box pops up confirming if you really want to delete the character with Yes/No buttons. I think that'd help.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

and if he should press yes open another pop up an ask if he is really sure that he understands what pressing the yes button means. Perhaps we could also make the yes button smaller then the no button to reduce the chance that someone accidentally press the button and deletes his char.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

z0ro wrote:As for deleting the character, a lot people probably accidentally deleted their character and went oh crap!! But to prevent this from happening, why don't you devs make it so if someone clicks "delete", a small box pops up confirming if you really want to delete the character with Yes/No buttons. I think that'd help.
True, that's an absolute must. It will be added with the next release.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Bjørn wrote:
z0ro wrote:As for deleting the character, a lot people probably accidentally deleted their character and went oh crap!! But to prevent this from happening, why don't you devs make it so if someone clicks "delete", a small box pops up confirming if you really want to delete the character with Yes/No buttons. I think that'd help.
True, that's an absolute must. It will be added with the next release.
Actually, it was already in. It was added as part of another change and no one noticed. 0.0.28 will have the confirmation dialog.
Setry
Peon
Peon

Post by Setry »

I am sorry to tell this, but I received an email telling my user name and password, and yet I can't login.

I try to log in:

server.themanaworld.org

As it was set by default when I installed the game. I am carefully writing user name and password, sensing the cases (caps? Meaning tha if password is "PaSs" I write "PaSs" and not "pass", so it shouldn't be a problem with the caps of the password).

I was confused too because the email I received said "Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you.", but it told my password. Maybe I didn't understand it, but it seemed to me that someone could retrieve my password, sent it to me and said that he couldn't do what he did.

Thank you very much for your help :)
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Setry wrote:I am sorry to tell this, but I received an email telling my user name and password, and yet I can't login.

I try to log in:

server.themanaworld.org

As it was set by default when I installed the game. I am carefully writing user name and password, sensing the cases (caps? Meaning tha if password is "PaSs" I write "PaSs" and not "pass", so it shouldn't be a problem with the caps of the password).

I was confused too because the email I received said "Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database and we cannot retrieve it for you.", but it told my password. Maybe I didn't understand it, but it seemed to me that someone could retrieve my password, sent it to me and said that he couldn't do what he did.

Thank you very much for your help :)
That sounds like the 0.1 client. That pair won't work in the 0.0 client, so please check that you have the right one.
crazy
Peon
Peon

Post by crazy »

Setry wrote: Maybe I didn't understand it, but it seemed to me that someone could retrieve my password, sent it to me and said that he couldn't do what he did.

no.

in system the admin can change the password of a user and set it to a certain value.
so in your case someone (or a script) your password was set in the value that was emailed to you not that someone read your old password and mailed it to you.
Setry
Peon
Peon

Post by Setry »

crazy wrote:
Setry wrote: Maybe I didn't understand it, but it seemed to me that someone could retrieve my password, sent it to me and said that he couldn't do what he did.

no.

in system the admin can change the password of a user and set it to a certain value.
so in your case someone (or a script) your password was set in the value that was emailed to you not that someone read your old password and mailed it to you.
No, the password sent to me was my old one. I know because it's a word and some numbers, and I couldn't remember the numbers at all but the word it's there, with same caps and the numbers are almost what I remembered. So my old password was emailed to me.

But still I can't login.

Where can I update the client 0.0?