Music producer looking to contribute

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Falken_za
Peon
Peon

Music producer looking to contribute

Post by Falken_za »

Hey guys.

I compose/produce music as a hobby and would like to contribute to the game.

I only have one question... does it HAVE to be MIDI? MIDI is not one of my strong points...

If you wanna listen to some of my previous work, go to www.imeem.com/falkenza
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Music producer looking to contribute

Post by EJlol »

I actually want to point you to http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Music but there is not much info there. Anyway we use .ogg not MIDI.
Falken_za
Peon
Peon

Post by Falken_za »

Awesome. I can work with that :)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I listened to some of the songs from your imeem page. I like your music, but trance is of course nothing which would work for a fantasy scenario like TMW. So when you are searching for a challenge which is different from what you are usually doing you are welcome.

You don't have to create MIDI files. We would prefer songs with realistic-sounding instruments (although some synth samples are not out of discussion). Our prefered format is OGG.

Is there any scenario in particular from the game you would like to create background music for? Regarding unreleased areas: The next new scenarios which are likely to get into the game in the forseeable future are a graveyard map and a trade metropole with a castle-like look.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Falken_za
Peon
Peon

Post by Falken_za »

I have many realistic-sounding toys at my disposal :)
I started playing the game two days ago and the idea just popped into my head a few minutes ago :oops:

I'll start a demo-project of what I have in mind to push for the game. give me about a week or so, then i'll post :D
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I would actually prefer to have the sheet music of the produced score for potential future usage.

It'd also be more in line with GPL.
This message used to be meaningful.