please check my post re: reset

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
helan
Peon
Peon

please check my post re: reset

Post by helan »

i posted on the forum but did not getting any answer. just in case this section is monitored more often i am reposting it here

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5884

dear GMs :)

i have had a couple of unpleasant conversations with players in the game recently, in which i was accused of abusing the system and botting. despite my attempts to clarify the situation we were not able to come to answers/solutions. i considered quitting altogether but since i enjoy playing TMW and thought about contributing in the future i decided to request a level reset of my character (helan) instead.

i hope this will help others that might be in the similar situation and that it will at least partially prevent situations that hurt the atmosphere of this game.

thank you
Last edited by helan on 01 Feb 2009, 19:59, edited 2 times in total.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: please check my post re: reset

Post by EJlol »

try to PM katze ingame.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

So you want to admit that you were botting and want to report yourself?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
helan
Peon
Peon

Post by helan »

no, this is not what i am doing.
i am not botting, i never was. i play to enjoy not to 'succeed'.

there is lots of wonderful people here. there is seems to be a witch hunt going on though, and i dont mean GMs but players themselves. reporting each other, 'investigations'. some never look for a possible good will (problems with connections, bugs etc) only assuming the worst. being in this situation myself recently, and being a witness to another situation i want to bring attention to what's happening.

if you wish you can consider it a protest against situations that destroy the purpose and enjoyment of the game :)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Hello helan,

Sorry I haven't been aware of any thread like this in a different forum.
I personally don't see any reason why I or any other GM should reset your levels. You haven't been caught botting or anything else by a GM, so there is no need for any punishment.

However, if it is your wish to have your levels reset - out of some ... attitude - we could do that for you. :roll:

But you will have to message me (or MasterKenobi) in game then, as we can only do resets while the respective player is online.

Regards,
Katze
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

I accepted to do the reset of the char "helan".

The reason for the reset should be totally up to herself, but in this case I agree, that there is some Stasi/Gestapo like behaviour within the TMW community concerning bots. I even had a talk about that earlier today with Bjørn. And we would like to change that.

Actually, it should be the job of the/us GMs to prevent something like that. Players shouldn't be "forced" to be willing to reset their characters' levels out of protest.

Regards,
Katze
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
helan
Peon
Peon

Post by helan »

thank you Katze.

to anybody that was involved in the incidents: no hurt feelings please. no names were mentioned when i requested the reset.

now - off to get my character to level 1 at least. long way back to level 70... 8)

helan.