[WIP]>[FND] Jack's room in Hurnscald

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

[WIP]>[FND] Jack's room in Hurnscald

Post by swimmy »

i made jack's room in hurnscald.
this is my first time of making.
what do you think?
Jack's house.png
Jack's house.png (24.15 KiB) Viewed 2706 times
Last edited by swimmy on 10 Apr 2010, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
who was...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [WIP] Jack's room in Hurnscald

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Do we even need an interior for that building? Is there something important we want to place there? in my opinion it is better to have some inaccessible building instead of adding an empty and useless interior to every building just because.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

In that case it'd be nice if there would be some clear indication about whether you can enter the door or not.
This message used to be meaningful.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

This is an example I made, and swimmy, this is just to give you some ideas.
Example-1.png
Example-1.png (17 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

Crush wrote:Do we even need an interior for that building? Is there something important we want to place there? in my opinion it is better to have some inaccessible building instead of adding an empty and useless interior to every building just because.
but i don't know where map is needed.
we can put NPC for new quest.
Rotonen wrote:In that case it'd be nice if there would be some clear indication about whether you can enter the door or not.
we can enter.
Dimond wrote:This is an example I made, and swimmy, this is just to give you some ideas.
thank you for giving.
i will make nicer from your ideas.
who was...
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Crush wrote:Do we even need an interior for that building? Is there something important we want to place there? in my opinion it is better to have some inaccessible building instead of adding an empty and useless interior to every building just because.
Well I agree that not every door needs to be openable. However I don't see a problem with vacant/empty buildings (and there are a few in game already mind you). Perhaps they could even have NPC's without quests that say a line like: "What are you doing in my house? get out!" Why is this "useful" to the game? Well simple, finding quests is part of rpg play, only allowing access in houses where you can find a quest makes the game a bit straightforward/predictable. Especially in towns it shouldn't be a problem, since they already have an indoor map, it shouldn't be that problematic to add another inside of a house to that map.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
igneus
Novice
Novice

House which cries for some interior

Post by igneus »

Today I tried to play on testing server Enigma where magic system is being tested.
West from Hurnscald there is a house and (only on Enigma) in front of it you can meet an expert mage who is having vacation there. I think that it would be nice to make interior of THAT house - it could be much more interesting than cottage of some regular villiger from Hurnscald: mage usually takes some magical stuff with him even when he's leaving for a vacation;
there could be a secret entry into a small cave (there are caves all around, so it's pretty natural that owner of the cottage uses one of them as a cellar) where mage could have something like an improvised laboratory.
Of course he won't grant you access into his house, to his valuable books and tools, before you become sort of his 'friend' by finishing a (possibly long) set of quests.
main TMW character: nguma
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

Bumping old thread, but I've done this map.
I don't know my warp is correct or not(I couldn't test), but maybe correct.
009-1.tmx: http://www.mediafire.com/?hmlmgjzjnym
009-2.tmx: http://www.mediafire.com/?q35noazeoym

Picture of Jack's room
009-2.png
009-2.png (61.84 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
who was...
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: [WIP]>[FND] Jack's room in Hurnscald

Post by enchilado »

Since the warp in that screenshot is grey, not blue, I would say it is not correct. Did you set the object type as 'warp'?
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [WIP]>[FND] Jack's room in Hurnscald

Post by swimmy »

As I open the file with tiled, it looks blue. :)
If I save as image, somehow it will be dark.

And of course, another is green .
who was...