Idea for Langs

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

inukaze
Peon
Peon

Idea for Langs

Post by inukaze »

Hi There, all Devplovers and players.
Im thinking how to do our client more umm i cant explain it

well i had this idea, you know, the LINUX system can use, some files to determinate the lang of the program :D , my question, we can use this for determinate, the lang of Client ?

and , someone can explain me , what i should do to download the source code of server / client ?? plz

i wanna translate the texts to my native lang, im venezuelan, i speak spanish, i know english i can help to translate :D but i need the source, to edit.

and if we can apply this, we can, have a multi-langs client :D and server :D, and the best will the client detect the langs of system to show the texts in that lang.

someone understand, my idea ???
igneus
Novice
Novice

Re: Idea for Langs

Post by igneus »

As far as I know, TMW client uses localization based on GNU gettext and server doesn't need any localization, because all the text presented to the player (except of chat) is produced by the client.

Spanish translation has already been done, but it lacks some messages, so I think it would be helpful if you looked at it. You can get latest sources of the client with
git clone git://gitorious.org/tmw/eathena.git
gettext translations are in directory 'po', Spanish is in 'po/es.po'.

With your idea of autodetection of language environment you'll have to wait for some real developer, because I don't know much about it.
main TMW character: nguma
Ces
Novice
Novice

Post by Ces »

General information
❖ Gettext is used to translate TMW
❖ The clients are already translated in some languages
❖ The server will hopefully be translateable in the future ;)

Your questions
❖ Translations are primarily done on Launchpad
❖ The source is available from Git

EDIT: What operative system are you using? When installed correctly I haven’t had much problems with translations in Linux (Ubuntu), I think there were some issues previously with translations on Windows. On Mac, no idea.
inukaze
Peon
Peon

Post by inukaze »

Hello Thank so very much for the explaniation :D.

Well i have "Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy LTS" , its very nice installed, i just wanna know how to chance the Lang of the Game, under Linux and under Windows Systems.

This game is wonderful :D , is 2D similar to Tibia, and the system of levels, are how Ragarok Online :D.

I see much future in this game :D

Someone can tell me why in the Repository of my version , "The Mana World" is still 0.0.26 ???

Thank you very much again :D
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

For both OSes, it will default to the system language. Only the latest Windows installer has it working.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

0.0.26 hasn't got translation support yet. The translation support was introduced with 0.0.28 (0.0.28.1 on windows).

The game is supposed to detect your system language automatically and select the appropriate translation.

Regarding the sourcecode: When you don't want to use Git you can download the snapshot of the latest release on our Download Page. But as already said you don't need to edit the sourcecode to create a translation. A spanish translation should be included with the newest client.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
inukaze
Peon
Peon

Post by inukaze »

Well, i put the file "tmw_tmw-es.po" in my "$HOME/.tmw/" folder, but the client is not translate, someone explainme in where i put the file ?? plz
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The .po files are uncompiled translations for editing with a text editor. They have to be compiled to .mo files using gettext before the client can use them.

But further above you wrote that you are still using 0.0.26. This version had no localization support yet. You have to upgrade to 0.0.28 before you can use translations.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
inukaze
Peon
Peon

Post by inukaze »

I have the LASTETS VERSION, i get the Version of Debian Repository, because, i cant compile somes Srcs , ever the terminal, show me "Error 1" or "error 3" and i dont understand how to solve.

i have version 0.0.28 of The Mana World client, how i can compile ??
and the MO file, its compiled ???