Treasures

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

igneus
Novice
Novice

Treasures

Post by igneus »

I would like to be able to hide treasures:

For some not very small, not very huge amount of GP you can buy treasure box. You can put some amount of items (limited either by weight or simply number of slots). Then you can place it somewhere. Either in your house (I know there are no private houses now), in a bank (you have to pay for it but no one can steal it) or anywhere in the wild.
The last mentioned option is the most interesting one, because you can use a special skill to hide the treasure box, apply some magical spell to protect it etc.
Lock-maker in the town sells 255 types of locks and keys. If you have highly developed skill of searching for hidden treasures and invest 255*1000GP to buy all kinds of keys, you can (with some luck) find and exploit someone else's treasure.
Treasure box itself can't be stolen - it can only be picked by the one who hid it. (Or it can be stolen, but owner gets some notification that his treasure box is away). After some reasonably long time (let's say a year of real-world time) a treasure disappears unless it's visited. Some time before this auto-wipe it becomes a bit more visible.

Cheaper variant:
"protected item" - when you drop an item, it disappears after a relativelly short period of time. (I remember that when I once dropped all my weapons, all of them disappeared before I was able to explain it in simple words to the people around).
I want to have ability to mark a dropped item as protected - it would then stay at place for at least half an hour. This feature would make it possible to prepare events such as "I dropped Crown somewhere in the Woodland".
main TMW character: nguma
radiant
Novice
Novice

Re: Treasures

Post by radiant »

In the latter case you can just feed the crown to a slime in the Hurnscald underground, and send them on a hunt that way.
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

Oh, really? It's some feature I haven't noticed yet.
Do I understand it well that in Hurnscald underground there are slimes which eat items and drop them as they are killed?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

igneus wrote:Oh, really? It's some feature I haven't noticed yet.
Do I understand it well that in Hurnscald underground there are slimes which eat items and drop them as they are killed?
All slimes (save for the santa slimes) and a few other monsters pick up items left on the ground.
igneus
Novice
Novice

Post by igneus »

I know that. I have some very "nice" experience with this. But I didn't know that they drop the eaten items after they are killed. I thought the items are just away...
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

Instead of hiding a treasure have the bank contain a personal vault for players. Your vault would be accessed through the banker. Having it accessed through the banker means you can get to items from most towns.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Savi wrote:Instead of hiding a treasure have the bank contain a personal vault for players. Your vault would be accessed through the banker. Having it accessed through the banker means you can get to items from most towns.
Account level (all characters in your account use the same "vault") is very possible. But you couldn't share with others, which is the point of this thread.