Account confusion

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Null
Peon
Peon

Account confusion

Post by Null »

Ok so , i've been playing for a few weeks now, and im really enjoying the game but i have encountered a problem.

i HAD been playing on a windows OS due to issues with my main computer. Now that its fixed i have trouble with the log in screen when i enter the game.

It tells me my password is wrong, but this cant be because it still works when i go back to my windows version of the game.

Are linux and windows seperate worlds or ?? i just want to access my current char, not make a new one .
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Account confusion

Post by Crush »

No, all operating systems use the same server: server.themanaworld.org

Please make sure that this is what the "host:" field reads when you log in.

Also make sure that you didn't accidently install the client for the unfinished new server (0.1.0) instead of the version for the current official server (0.0.28.1).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

version is 0.0.26 or w.e .

And its got the correct info in that area also ,server.themanaworld.org or w/e .

It kept telling me the password was wrong, which it isnt , so i tried to register and it worked but its got none of my char data just empty char slots.

so explain how it is i can have two seperate accounts with the same user name and password ?, as long as im on linux i cannot access my character only make a new one so either i go back to stupid windows , or start over.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Your linux and your windows system are connecting to different servers. This is the only possible explanation.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

Well , i just went onto my laptop which runs windows as i've previously mentioned.

the info in the Server box was not server.themanaworld.org as it was on my home computer which runs on linux.

Instead on the laptop , the Server box had this " 81.161.192.4." could that be the problem ?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Null wrote:Well , i just went onto my laptop which runs windows as i've previously mentioned.

the info in the Server box was not server.themanaworld.org as it was on my home computer which runs on linux.

Instead on the laptop , the Server box had this " 81.161.192.4." could that be the problem ?
That's the same server. In the upper left corner of the login screen, what do they both say?
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

linux says 0.0.26
Windows says 0.0.28.1

Even more strangness, i signed in on both accounts at the same time, same name, same password, and same location in game. i was literally standing beside my self,Strange thing is my char on one computer had totally different hair than on the laptop and vise versa ,i think ill just stick to playing the game on my laptop this is to much trouble
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Null wrote:linux says 0.0.26
Windows says 0.0.28.1

Even more strangness, i signed in on both accounts at the same time, same name, same password, and same location in game. i was literally standing beside my self,Strange thing is my char on one computer had totally different hair than on the laptop and vise versa ,i think ill just stick to playing the game on my laptop this is to much trouble
Glad it's working for you. The hair thing is because 0.0.26 can't handle all the hair styles we're using. You might want to update it.
Null
Peon
Peon

Post by Null »

well its only partially working, linux has just been a thorn in my side this last month.

I'll just stick with the laptop for now, as it is im having mega lag problems with the game on this computer anyways. ill just wait till i buy a new tower.

thanx for the assistance, but to be honest even if i did have to make a new char from scratch i wouldnt care that much ....anythings better than having nothing to play but Tibia ^^
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Null wrote:linux says 0.0.26
Windows says 0.0.28.1

Are you sure about the account name? No "secret" spaces etc?